Author Topic: AStoud on iffy status  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
AStoud on iffy status
« on: March 14, 2006, 03:33:33 PM »
Doctors have cleared him, but he says knee does not feel right.  Phx Drs saying it is now up to him to decide on playing this season.

If he improves in the next week or weeks, great, problem solved.

If he stays iffy but "playable", tough call for him and Phx.  Do you take advantage of a window of opportunity to reach Finals or rest AStoud the entire remainder of year, thereby keeping secure future seasons?  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
AStoud on iffy status
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 07:20:18 PM »

If he stays iffy but "playable", tough call for him and Phx.  Do you take advantage of a window of opportunity to reach Finals or rest AStoud the entire remainder of year, thereby keeping secure future seasons?
Fairly young team so I go with the 'rest him the rest of the season' option.  On top of that if they did force the issue, what if he got hurt in the first round?  Or even any of the rounds.   Forcing the issue now when PHX is not quite as good as SA or DET would be a mistake...what if Amare turned into Grant Hill because he kept injuring the same spot???  That would be a major hit to the future of PHX.

Being a good team for many years to come > having a less than betting man's chance at winning the Championship.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
AStoud on iffy status
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 10:34:49 AM »
Looks like Amare isn't as sure as he once was.....

link

Phoenix isn't in a position where urgency is required, but considering how banged up the team has been -- and the fact it suffered a nasty loss to Portland -- you wonder whether the team is feeling the strain of holding things together until Amare Stoudemire returns.

Thing is, Stoudemire isn't sure he can make it back now.

Uh-oh.

Amare Stoudemire isn't finding floor time in that sport jacket. (Getty Images)   
"I've thought about (not coming back) more this week than I have," Stoudemire said. "Every time I play hard, the next day there is a lot of pain and discomfort.

"If this was my left knee (the one operated on), I probably would have played," he said. "But my right knee is hurting more than my left and I didn't count on that."

An MRI on the right knee showed fluid along with some "normal wear-and-tear under the kneecap." Stoudemire, 23, has been cleared to play by the Suns medical staff, but wants to make sure he's at 100 percent before he makes a comeback, a smart decision giving his age and upside.

"With rest and treatment, (the fluid and pain) goes away, but then I go strong and it comes back," he told the Arizona Republic. "I haven't even played a game of five-on-five yet. I get myself up to an eight (on a scale from one to 10), but after I get there I go back down to a five and have to rest. I want a constant level when I'm at a nine or a 10.

"It's not just my vertical jump. I'm talking about running, stopping on a dime, the whole feeling of basketball. ... Each day is different. I have to get back to 100 percent. I'm not ready until I'm there, and right now I'm not there."

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues