Author Topic: Spurs - Phx  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Spurs - Phx
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 10:18:57 AM »
Repeat. Randy as soon as Michael Finley wins two titles in his 1st 3 years, playing a key role in both and being considered Finals MVP by many in Title 2006, let us know.

And as soon as Finley plays with Tim Duncan in those years, he might very well.

Come on.  Manu Ginobilli is just playing Kobe Bryant to Tim Duncan's Shaquille O'Neal.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs - Phx
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 10:36:13 AM »
Repeat. Randy as soon as Michael Finley wins two titles in his 1st 3 years, playing a key role in both and being considered Finals MVP by many in Title 2006, let us know.

And as soon as Finley plays with Tim Duncan in those years, he might very well.

Come on.  Manu Ginobilli is just playing Kobe Bryant to Tim Duncan's Shaquille O'Neal.
I'm wondering is he not a key player off the bench for them?  Did he not fill in for Manu?  Was he not playing solid defense for the Spurs?  Has he not come up big in the last 3 weeks when they needed it?  What exactly is a key role?

On top of that its unfair to expect Finley to have a similar role when 1) he came onto a team with an already established starting 5 and gameplan and 2) He is towards the end of his career.

And Manu will be the Kobe to Duncan's Shaq when he starts being the #2 punch.  Right now that is Tony Parker, not Manu Ginobili.  Or when he starts dominating teams on his own on the road while Duncan gets it done at home.  Ive yet to see Manu, in the playoffs, handle the other team like Kobe has to the Wolves, Pacers, Kings, and Spurs in the past.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 10:36:43 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com