Author Topic: TNT to pick Next 10 of the greatest players  (Read 4640 times)

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
TNT to pick Next 10 of the greatest players
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 05:26:39 PM »
I stand corrected I thought they won in 87-88 and 88-89 not 89-90 90-91

Actually they won it in the 88-89 and 89-90 seasons, and he was DPOY both of those seasons.  87-88 was your Lakers, 90-91 was the Bulls.  

Also, I don't consider winning the title back to back years a dynasty. You never hear anyone call the Rockets a dynasty when they won back to back.

I guess so...the only reason I consider it easier to describe Detroit a dynasty, as opposed to Houston, is because they lost in the NBA Finals the year previous (Rodman's rookie season) to their back 2 back championships.  And the year after the 2 trophies, they lost to the Bulls in the Eastern Conf. Finals.  Whereas Houston didn't make much noise in the playoffs the year before or after their championships.  In fact I don't even think if they made the playoffs in the 92-93 season, and I know for a fact they got swept by the Sonics in 95-96.        
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 05:28:58 PM »
who is that 3 piece ratings clown Stern to be blocking Rodman?

He's the guy who:

1)  Wants to keep the NBA out of the controversy spotlight in the wake of the Detroit/Indiana fiasco last year

2)  Wants to keep at least some of the illusion that the NBA is basketball rather than a WWF version of basketball

3)  Is equally well aware of both Rodman's statement of how he intended to leave the court in his last game and Rodman's willingness to follow through on it

4)  Is conscious of the NBA's appeal to business

Rodman is a sideshow - a distraction from the goals of good basketball.  Just ask his last victim - Dallas - or his previous victim - the Lakers.  The fact that anyone would sign him in the first place is a joke, despite what basketball smarts and talent he once had.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 07:55:56 PM »

<He's the guy who:>

<1)  Wants to keep the NBA out of the controversy spotlight in the wake of the Detroit/Indiana fiasco last year>

That does make perfect sense.

<2)  Wants to keep at least some of the illusion that the NBA is basketball rather than a WWF version of basketball>

:rofl:  :rofl:  Amen.

<3)  Is equally well aware of both Rodman's statement of how he intended to leave the court in his last game and Rodman's willingness to follow through on it>

No i dont remember/ or simply tuned out whatever The Worm said.  What did he say?

<4)  Is conscious of the NBA's appeal to business.>

More like is Sterns only interest and effort towoards the NBA.

Incidentally have you heard what The Worm does to his Newport Beach neighbors.  Like a lot of US communities the noise laws are so extremely limp wristed that one can break the law every single night, -because all the police do initially is come out and give a warning.  If they are even able to do that because more serious crimes take preference.  Worm has (had) like 250 violations in a one year period.  

Had the same problem in my 'hood a few years ago.  The temptation to handle it Chuck Bronson style. :up:   Fortunately I was able to end it with everyone alive.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 07:56:54 PM by Reality »

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2006, 09:17:23 AM »
Rodman said that in his last game, he intended to leave the court naked.

Given the fact that he didn't see the end coming in either Los Angeles or Dallas, it makes perfect sense that David Stern doesn't want Rodman to see a third chance.

Would make Nipplegate at the Superbowl seem pretty tame.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

guest-koast

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2006, 10:47:59 AM »
Rodman said that in his last game, he intended to leave the court naked.

Given the fact that he didn't see the end coming in either Los Angeles or Dallas, it makes perfect sense that David Stern doesn't want Rodman to see a third chance.

Would make Nipplegate at the Superbowl seem pretty tame.
Speaking of Rodman, my younger brother works at Dennys in Newport Beach as a server and none other than The Worm himself showed up with his family yesterday.  So after being an ass for the entire time he flips out a huge stack of 100s and proceeds to leave a $1 tip for a family of 4.  What a cheapo!!