Author Topic: Spurs get high at home  (Read 714 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs get high at home
« on: February 22, 2006, 02:28:13 PM »
Spurs ran their NBA 2nd best home record to 22-3 at SBC/a t & t aDome.

Season Highs for the Spurs:

Bruce Bowen 17 pts as he drained 5 more treys to keep his NBA best % up.  NBA All Star 3 pt selections ommiting Bowen were a joke.  Not that he cares.

Nazr Mo getting his 1st start.  11 pts 5 brds 4 blks in accepting whatever role he is asked.

Fabs Oberto 18 mins 8 offensive boards 9 boards total as Fabs Haters continue to be clueless.    

Bricks Finley hitting 4 of 6 three pointers.  Finley credited his performance to five days of rest during the All-Star break.  "It helped to get the energy back, so I was able to get my legs under me and knock down some shots," he said.

Perhaps a key will be to limit Finleys gameplaying to every 4 or 5 days.

Looking ahead to March 2nd hosting Dallas.

Guest_Randy

Spurs get high at home
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 03:36:13 PM »
Spurs ran their NBA 2nd best home record to 22-3 at SBC/a t & t aDome.

Season Highs for the Spurs:

Bruce Bowen 17 pts as he drained 5 more treys to keep his NBA best % up.  NBA All Star 3 pt selections ommiting Bowen were a joke.  Not that he cares.

Nazr Mo getting his 1st start.  11 pts 5 brds 4 blks in accepting whatever role he is asked.

Fabs Oberto 18 mins 8 offensive boards 9 boards total as Fabs Haters continue to be clueless.    

Bricks Finley hitting 4 of 6 three pointers.  Finley credited his performance to five days of rest during the All-Star break.  "It helped to get the energy back, so I was able to get my legs under me and knock down some shots," he said.

Looking ahead to March 2nd hosting Dallas.
I don't think that Bowen would do well in a 3 point contest -- with the Spurs he gets a LOT of time to set himself before he shoots and you have to have a pretty quick release in the 3 point contest.  You saw several players who didn't belong in the 3 point contest -- Billups is a good example of that.

So the 3rd string center did pretty well during garbage minutes -- you should be SOOOO proud!

Bricks Finley hitting 4 of 6 three pointers.  Finley credited his performance to five days of rest during the All-Star break.  "It helped to get the energy back, so I was able to get my legs under me and knock down some shots," he said.

Hmm, how much better is Manu shooting the three than Finley is?  Finley is shooting .356 and Manu is shooting .365 -- why do you have so much problem with Finley but not with Manu?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs get high at home
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 04:12:12 PM »
 I don't think that Bowen would do well in a 3 point contest -- with the Spurs he gets a LOT of time to set himself before he shoots and you have to have a pretty quick release in the 3 point contest.  You saw several players who didn't belong in the 3 point contest -- Billups is a good example of that.

So the 3rd string center did pretty well during garbage minutes -- you should be SOOOO proud!

Bricks Finley hitting 4 of 6 three pointers.  Finley credited his performance to five days of rest during the All-Star break.  "It helped to get the energy back, so I was able to get my legs under me and knock down some shots," he said.

Hmm, how much better is Manu shooting the three than Finley is?  Finley is shooting .356 and Manu is shooting .365 -- why do you have so much problem with Finley but not with Manu? [/quote]
 Bowen is getting much better at catching and shooting.  Or catching, making a quick decisive dribble(s) then shooting.  You could be right tho.  All Star contest 3 pters don't matter anyways.

Fabs had 11 minutes and 7 boards, 6 offensive by halftime.  46-39 Spurs at the half.  So make something else up.

When Finley starts tipping passes, stealing, driving the lane slashing between and around 3 defenders to hit game altering shots and doing all kinds of nifty passes for assists AND playing great D, I'll begin to prop him like Manu.  Currently he's not even close.