Author Topic: Zeke does it again . . .  (Read 1161 times)

Guest_Randy

Zeke does it again . . .
« on: February 22, 2006, 02:41:33 PM »
with Francis and Garrity going to the Knicks for Anferee Hardaway and Trevor Ariza.  

So now that Knicks roster looks something like this:

PG - Marbury, Francis and Nate Robinson
SG - Crawford and Richardson
SF - Rose, Woods, Lee, Garrity
PF - Frye, Rose, Taylor,
C - Curry, James, Butler

Wow, talk about making life difficult for their coach.  They now have these players:  Marbury, Francis, Crawford, Richardson, Rose and Curry -- anyone think that NY is going to propose a new rule change in order to allow more than one basketball in play?

You would almost HAVE to think that the Knicks are going to try to trade Marbury -- but who would want that massive contract?  Minny?  

Unless Zeke can move some players, he is KILLING the Knicks with these salary -- he has now overpaid for:  Rose, Taylor, Curry, Crawford, Richardson and now has megacontracts in TWO franchise players who both play the same position!  You would have thought that NY learned this lesson when they had Spree and Houston at SG.

Oh well, here's a bottle for Knick fans!   :drunk:  

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Zeke does it again . . .
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 03:36:39 PM »
OF all the move he's made that make no sense, and he's the king of such moves, this is the topper this close to the deadline unless, at least as some small concession to the salary cap Marbury is on the blocks as you suggest Randy.

GO NICKS!!!!
Dan

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Zeke does it again . . .
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 04:18:45 PM »
There is also talk that Nate Robinson is the one on the trading block.  Go figure.
Isaiah gambling debts to the Sopranos?  Sopranos laid down 100 million that NYK would not win over 35 games?

The baffler here is that Larry Brown is going with it.  Did not Browns contract stipulate heavy -if not sign-off- powers on personell?

:hail:  :hail: If Larry Brown pulls another coaching rabbit out of his hat and makes Marbury-Francis work.

For you Brown Haters/doubters:
Clippers playoffs consecutive years.
Along with a complete punking of the MOAT Lakers team for the 2004 Title.
'nough said.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Zeke does it again . . .
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 09:33:13 AM »
I think you've got to trade Marbury and/or Crawford after this deal.  All of these shoot-first point guards can't play on the same team - even if you put half of them at the 2.  In addition, you've got Jalen Rose and Quentin Richardson, so that's a lot of shots at the 3 spot as well.

But how many teams out there need greedy point guards?

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

guest-koast

Zeke does it again . . .
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 10:51:05 AM »
I think you've got to trade Marbury and/or Crawford after this deal.  All of these shoot-first point guards can't play on the same team - even if you put half of them at the 2.  In addition, you've got Jalen Rose and Quentin Richardson, so that's a lot of shots at the 3 spot as well.

But how many teams out there need greedy point guards?
And people said Portland was bad with them grabbing everyone and anyone to build a team.  At least that team was competitive and could have made the finals.

And Reality, how are you comparing the personal he was handed in Detroit with the powder keg he has in NY right now?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Zeke does it again . . .
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 01:07:07 PM »
And Reality, how are you comparing the personal he was handed in Detroit with the powder keg he has in NY right now?
Oh no I'm not saying this will work.  The 2004 Lakers could probably beat this years Knicks.  I mentioned the Clippers.  However for those who speak only Lakerese i added the unbeatable (to Laker Kingdom) 2004 club.

Unreal how Isaiah keeps dumping about-to-be expiring contracts (that were loser contracts in the 1st place), for multi year huge loser contracts.  Rose and Francis.  Unreal, esp Rose.

I am saying if anyone could make it work, its Larry Brown.  

The baffler is why is Brown going along with all this?

guest-koast

Zeke does it again . . .
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 01:20:36 PM »
Oh no I'm not saying this will work.  The 2004 Lakers could probably beat this years Knicks.  I mentioned the Clippers.  However for those who speak only Lakerese i added the unbeatable (to Laker Kingdom) 2004 club.

Unreal how Isaiah keeps dumping about-to-be expiring contracts (that were loser contracts in the 1st place), for multi year huge loser contracts.  Rose and Francis.  Unreal, esp Rose.

I am saying if anyone could make it work, its Larry Brown.  

The baffler is why is Brown going along with all this?
LOL, you talk abou the Lakers more than I or anyone else does.  So maybe you added that for yourself?

You used the Pistons as an example of Larry Brown getting it done and that is why I questioned you.  He was handed one hell of a team.  The Clipper team he got to the playoffs also had guys like Danny Manning and I believe Ron Harper.  Both better and smarter basketball players than anyone he currently has in NY.

I agree if anyone can get more out of less its Brown...the thing is usually he has at least 2-3 quality players that he really can count on.  Who fills that role in NY?  He has more headcases and misfits than he has solid players.  Jaleen Rose, Steve Francis, and Stephon Marbury are probably the three worst players to have in one spot together.