Author Topic: One step forward, two steps back.  (Read 897 times)

rickortreat

One step forward, two steps back.
« on: February 08, 2006, 09:57:18 PM »
And to think I thought they had finally figured out how to win.

The Sixers were pathetic tonight against Charlotte.  They fell apart in the second half and couldn't find the basket.  No offensive execution, no decent spacing or passing no defense no nothing.

Cheeks is not good at calling time-outs either. He is too patient when they start playing like a bunch of idiots, forcing shots or settling for outside jumpers.  Iverson is suspect number one taking quick ill-advised shots.  There are times when he just can't make a shot, and if your Cheeks you have to sit him down and force the team to play like a team.  

It's hard to play defense against a team that takes a lot of outside shots.  The rebounds go long, and they get extra shots to make up for the lower percentage.  Ely had a great game, even though Dalembert blocked a lot of shots, Ely still made a lot of points.

Uggh watching them play like this makes me ill.   :puke:  

guest-koast

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 10:19:12 PM »
I feel your pain, they lose like 8-9 games in a row then kick the crap out of our respective teams.   Being the bounce back teams SUCK!  Especially when you look at the players they have.

Cheeks is not good at calling time-outs either. He is too patient when they start playing like a bunch of idiots, forcing shots or settling for outside jumpers. Iverson is suspect number one taking quick ill-advised shots. There are times when he just can't make a shot, and if your Cheeks you have to sit him down and force the team to play like a team.

I did want to comment on this.   Two of the players are seasoned vets who have led their teams deep into the playoffs but the rest of the guys are not exactly guys with a whole lot of expierence.  I don't agree with letting the players sort it out if they have not shown they can do it in the past.  Not sure if that is the case with the Sixers but by your frustration I am going to assume they have not shown they can play through it all that well.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 07:32:07 AM »
And to think I thought they had finally figured out how to win.

They're a .500 team rick.  the sooner you realize that the less frustrated you will be.

rickortreat

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 07:13:18 PM »
I know they are a .500 team now.  I want to see improvement.  When your core group has three young players, like Salmons, Iggoudala and Dalembert, it's reasonable to expect them to get better.

If they're not, then either they are: A. Not as good as I thought. Or,  B. Not as well coached as they could be and need to be to become better.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 09:20:20 PM »
I know they are a .500 team now.  I want to see improvement.  When your core group has three young players, like Salmons, Iggoudala and Dalembert, it's reasonable to expect them to get better.

If they're not, then either they are: A. Not as good as I thought. Or,  B. Not as well coached as they could be and need to be to become better.
Rick,

I don't think Salmons is even going to be a solid roleplayer (see Deveon George) and you have already proven that you think WAYYY to highly of Dalembert (a solid rebounder and a good shotblocker but that's about it).  Iggy is a great defender but with the exception of slashing and working in the open court, he isn't much of an offensive player -- yet!