Author Topic: Jalen Rose holds the ball  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Jalen Rose holds the ball
« on: February 08, 2006, 10:58:08 AM »
Anyone see this?

Clippers ahead of Knicks 83-82 with 2.2 tics remaining.
Knicks ball out of bounds with Jalen Rose inbounding.

Rose doesn't get an inbounds pass off, instead is called for a 5-second violation. :eek2:

Rose was asked if he was counting to five in his head.

"Yes, but he was counting also," Rose said. The referee, I heard him say, 'One, one thousand', but I think he forgot the other four.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 11:10:52 AM »
I am tired of the refs helping the Clippers win games.  :rolleyes:  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 11:11:00 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 11:15:27 AM »
I already wanted to see the replay but now I have got to see it.
Rose is a freakin waste of space.

"In the heat of the moment, Rose — who should know something about these situations —made the sort of mental gaffe the Knicks have come to expect from their rookies, but not their veterans. Just before the five seconds expired, Rose turned to the referee Kevin Fehr to call a timeout. But the Knicks had none, and Rose looked as bewildered as his former Michigan teammate Chris Webber, who once did the same thing in a 1993 loss to North Carolina in the N.C.A.A. tournament.

In this case, it was a moot mistake. A five-second violation had already been called, and Rose dismissed the phantom timeout, saying, "That wasn't a factor." Rose said he was aware the Knicks (14-33) were out of timeouts.

"I didn't want to just throw the ball away," Rose said. "That's not necessarily a better move."
end NYTimes article.

No Rose, with no timeouts (which you did not know) it's "better" to not even make any effort to get the ball in, not even attempt to let your team get the win.  Throwing the ball inbounds -and whatever happens after that- is not as good as sitting on the ball for the 5 second count. :bs:  :bs:

Still in disbelief Larry Brown signed off on this guy.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 12:35:01 PM »
I'll tell ya what, the media is on Isiah and the Knicks like white on rice.  I mean just full-force and not holding any punches back anymore.  I don't know how long Thomas is going to survive this latest debacle.  Then again I thought the same thing back when he signed Jerome "30 million dollar man" James.

-------------------------------------------------

Steve Kerr  

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=sk-n...=yhoo&type=lgns

Dave D'Alessandro

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=some...v=tsn&type=lgns
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 12:56:27 PM »
I'll tell ya what, the media is on Isiah and the Knicks like white on rice.
But why is Brown coddling him, saying "I called the wrong play" and saying nary a word as to Rose tucking ball between his legs and taking a 5 count?  As to Isaiah signing Rose, Larry says "a no brainer, he has lots of game."

Most of us on the board are point guards, or at least internet point guards.  Jomal was a Greg Kite or Kurt Rambo type power forward i cant remember, WOW is a poor mans Charles Barkely and i think you are a shooting guard.  Perhaps Jomal you could insert a King whose style you represented and WOW certainly a purple n golden would fit you better.  Altho you play hardnosed, so how could we find a Laker other then Kurt Rambo?

Back to the point guard point.  Are not point guards to be the smart, enthusiastic, team first gung ho types?  Not that perfection is required as that wont happen.  Turnovers will, including bad passes occasionally.  However you never, ever want your point guard to have a selfish and or blase spirit or roll over and die.  Rose is not only the ball distribution guard, but he was brought over for his *veteran presense*, *ball handling*, *know how in game ending situations*  

At a frippin 16 million a year.

Back to the play, maybe...maybe...maybe the ref burned Rose on the count.  If so, it's somewhat forgivable.  If not, and to add injury to insult 10Xs, if blunt head Rose is lying thru his teeth about the ref buring him on the count, then remove him from the team for 20 games starting now.  Why am i picturing him after the play with shoulders shrugged, no emotion or care whatsoever.  Getting ready to launch into Excuseville in the post game interview.

Yes Skander as to the articles, it's no longer just a bad Isaiah move.  As the writer said, this smells very fishy.  Is Isaiah up to his neck in gambling debts?

With all the preseason camp cut guys, Euros, walk on wannabes, CBAs etc clammoring to get a spot on an NBA roster, that Rose is taking up a starting spot in NYC of all places at the highest pay available is...

Can i get some outrage?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 01:17:18 PM by Reality »