Author Topic: The Kiwi bird is unleased  (Read 953 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
The Kiwi bird is unleased
« on: February 09, 2006, 03:06:23 PM »
Subbing in for the injured Fabs Oberto, Sean Marks stepped up with 8-9 shooting for a career high 16 pts, 5 boards and 2 assists before fouling out vs Toronto in an overtime win that had Tim Dunkar missing his 1st game of the season.

Accustomed to being the seemingly irremovable permanent IR list and 12th man for the Spurs from 2000-2005, Marks was given a huge reality dose when Fabs Oberto became a part of the Spurs frontline in Sept 2005.

"With soft Kiwi hair, i was used to getting the attention from Spurs well wishers and groupies at airports.  My oversized soft, flappy ears where a fan favorite with kids and a couple of the l-a-d-i-e-s."  That all changed this season tho.  "Fabs is obviously t-h-e fan favoritie, especially with the LAX Laker crowd.  I cannot compete with his soft long locks.  Initially i was jealous, and still am a bit cited Marks.  However now I have seen what Fabs does on the floor.  His O rebounding, his shooting touch and high percentage, his hustle, and most importantly his absolute avoidance of anything prima donna really inspires us.  Fabs is willing to work at whatever role it is to give the Spurs another title this season.  That is inspiring.   In part that is what drove me to fill in last night vs Toronto as well as i could."

Well said Sean, well said.

Michael "Bricks" Finley regained his shooting form and Tony P put on another All Star performance that had Eva cheering from the stands.

It's all good in Spursville.

Props to Toronto for a super effort.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 04:08:26 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
The Kiwi bird is unleased
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 07:39:15 PM »
Add men's hair to your long list of obsessions that include

The Lakers Organization
Kobe Bryant
Phil Jackson
Flabs Obencho
Juicers
Teams that recently won the championship that dont wear purple and gold.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com