Author Topic: Good articel on Fabs  (Read 3934 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2006, 12:19:32 PM »

Manu  32,  20,  62.5%

Also SuperManu is 72%

23 of 32.

Basic math.  

Guest_Randy

Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2006, 05:57:10 PM »
Using good old basic math skills....counting the games on NBA.com the breakdown for several Spurs.

Oberto  34 games, 14 shooting over .500,  41.2% of the games
You counted against Fabs the games where he did not take a shot.  12 games.  Most bogus!

Fabs[/size] is 14-22 at or over 50%.

65%

Westkoast continue nozing Lurker.
lol -- so let me get this straight -- games in which Oberto NEVER TOOK A SHOT count as games in which he shot 50% or better?  

Reality, it's REALLY bad when your bandwagonning goes beyond that which the solid Spurs fans can handle -- it's a REALLY good thing that bandwagon fans have to ride in the back wagons -- because that way the stench doesn't get upwind for the REAL Spurs fans!!!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2006, 06:16:20 PM »
Using good old basic math skills....counting the games on NBA.com the breakdown for several Spurs.

Oberto  34 games, 14 shooting over .500,  41.2% of the games
You counted against Fabs the games where he did not take a shot.  12 games.  Most bogus!

Fabs[/size] is 14-22 at or over 50%.

65%

Westkoast continue nozing Lurker.
LOL @ your slick little edit including my name.

I will always respect Lurker's say in all things Spurs over yours.  He is a true Spurs fan and is objective when it comes to his own team.

I love how a stat that shows the amount of games played and the amount of those same games where a player shoots over 50% is not valid because it includes games where Oberto didn't shoot.  Did he play in the games? Yes.  So the stat still stands.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 06:16:35 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2006, 09:04:10 PM »
Pardon me jumping in but:

1.  Technically, if he doesn't take a shot, isn't he shooting 0%?   B)

2.  Doesn't a player have to take a minimum amount of shots before a shooting % stat actually matters?  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2006, 11:30:33 PM »

1.  Technically, if he doesn't take a shot, isn't he shooting 0%?   B)

2.  Doesn't a player have to take a minimum amount of shots before a shooting % stat actually matters?
1.  No.  He would have to miss a shot to end up at 0%

2.  When the Lakers beat the Celtics 108-106 on Magics hook shot for a 3-1 Finals lead vs a 2-2 tie, did the three points a "bench scrub" scored matter?

Randolph.  Actually dipstick, i did not count the games Fabs went 0-0.  Lurker did, so the three of you please do carry on.

Guest_Randy

Good articel on Fabs
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2006, 09:23:03 AM »

1.  Technically, if he doesn't take a shot, isn't he shooting 0%?   B)

2.  Doesn't a player have to take a minimum amount of shots before a shooting % stat actually matters?
1.  No.  He would have to miss a shot to end up at 0%

2.  When the Lakers beat the Celtics 108-106 on Magics hook shot for a 3-1 Finals lead vs a 2-2 tie, did the three points a "bench scrub" scored matter?

Randolph.  Actually dipstick, i did not count the games Fabs went 0-0.  Lurker did, so the three of you please do carry on.
FINALLY, Reality has admitted the truth:

did the three points a "bench scrub" scored matter

Oberto = bench scrub!

Thanks for FINALLY realizing the truth!  So much for your great assessment of players though!