Author Topic: 81 Points for Kobe !!!  (Read 3291 times)

Guest_Randy

81 Points for Kobe !!!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 09:24:26 AM »
This WAS an incredible achievement for Kobe -- 81 points.  And this is actually the SECOND game in which he could have accomplished this task this year.  I think someone mentioned that Kobe did the 81 points against an inferior team but the other team that he could have accomplished that task was against Dallas -- which kind of defeats that whole weak argument.

Kind of shows the naysayers that Kobe IS truly a top 5 player in the league, huh?

As for the accomplishments of the team, the Lakers STILL don't show much consistency outside of Kobe and Smush.  Watching the game against the Suns was absolutly PATHETIC!  Kobe was actually DEFERRING to his teammates and they weren't doing anything.  Odom was lauching bricks and he seems to allow his outside game to give him confidence on whether to take it to the rack or not.  Mihm was shooting 4 feet farther than his range allows, Brown decided to try shooting jump shots (he doesn't have an offensive game) and the ball movement was sloppy and shot selection poor.  I would have PREFERRED to watch Kobe score 80 points than watch the Lakers play like that!

I don't like the idea of Kobe looking to score 50+ points a game -- however, until the Lakers can find a legit second option or Odom displays some consistency in his game, I don't see that the Lakers have a lot of choice.  I'd STILL like to see the Lakers trade Odom -- I just don't think we would get a second option in return.