Author Topic: McDonalds commercial  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
McDonalds commercial
« on: January 23, 2006, 02:33:07 PM »
Is the current McDonals commercial a reasonable facsimile of a real life scene involving Joe, Wolf-Caleb and Skander?

White guy Joe enters room with tie on and is standing up.  

Caleb who is seated on couch says paraphrase "lets go get some grub for the game.  McDonalds."

Joe says "Who is buying?"

Skander MidEast more Indian looking sitting at other side chair says "You are.  You're the one with the fancy (Carfax) job and the fancy tie."

This sets Joe off, he firmly rips off tie and throws it down and says (i think something like)  "it's 99 freakin cents for the McDs value menu".  Skan and Caleb look stunned in silence.

Next scene shows all three kicking back and snarfing McDs food back at the pad.
Watching Manu swat a couple more of Kobes shots as he and the Spurs limit Kobe to 21 on 8-33 shooting.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 04:15:33 PM by Reality »

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
McDonalds commercial
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 04:15:41 PM »
Reality,

Nope.  Not even close.

1)  I don't wear a tie to work.  Dress at our office isn't business casual - it's CASUAL.  Jeans and tennis shoes are perfectly acceptable and quite normal.

2)  If the 3 of us gather, it's probably at my place.  Therefore, I'll be seated.  Skander is most likely to be the latest to arrive, and therefore is most likely to be standing.

3)  Caleb isn't going to suggest McDonald's.  In fact, I'm probably the only one of us who would ever suggest it.  In fact, it's going to be rare that there is a quick decision on where to go.  Most likely, it will involve crossing off various places until we find a place that no one DOESN'T want to go.  Or, on occasion, one of us will have a particular preference for something, and will suggest that off the bat.

4)  Not any one of us would ever ask who is buying.  That would be decided at the restaurant by one of us grabbing the check before the other two are expecting it.

5)  Skander doesn't look Indian.  To be honest, I don't think he looks all that Middle Eastern, either, although he has a darker complexion.

6)  If I were to absolutely go off, Skander and Caleb wouldn't look on in stunned silence.  They would undoubtedly push me even further.  And more than likely, it's Skander going off about something to do with his fantasy team - like Stephon Marbury missing two games that week.

7)  It would be a reasonably rare occasion that we'd bring food back to my place to eat.  The only case I can think of for that would involve a basketball games one evening.  Any other case, we'd probably watch the game at the place we went to eat, or we'd probably have food already over at my place.

8)  The most likely scenario also involves a fourth person - our friend Shannon (not to be confused with Skander's wife, Shannyn), who isn't a big basketball fan.  He's a hockey fan - who hates the Lakers, hates the Pistons (because they're from Detroit), hates Jason Kidd (because of the kiss on free throws), hates Tim Duncan, hates the fact that basketball has high scores...like 70 or 80 points...and hates the fact that basketball doesn't allow hockey-style (by the before-the-lockout rules) contact.  If you're not offended yet, you will be....take my word for it on that one.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 04:17:15 PM by Joe Vancil »
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!