Author Topic: Hey Laker faithful  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Laker faithful
« on: March 08, 2004, 10:52:13 AM »
NY Daily News link

One team source said that Jackson has been holding off on signing an extension because he no longer wants to coach Bryant, who apparently is way too selfish for Jackson's liking. If Jackson does commit to the Lakers to stay on in the coming months, that could be a sign that he knows that Bryant is definitely leaving via free agency, or that the Lakers have decided on a sign-and-trade to get Bryant out of town.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey Laker faithful
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 11:34:19 AM »
I think its just something stirred up to have people snatch up papers personally.  Considering that when hes healthy he has been quite the play maker.  Here is why I think its BS.  First of all the Laker organization is the one who is holding off talks until after the end of the season.  This is not Jackson's decision, its the front offices decision to speak after the season.  Also, Health and of course if Jackson wins a title would be the more main reasons why he would choose to resign or not.  Last year Jackson was not doing so great and voiced that he may not continue to coach for much longer.  I do find it funny that fingers are pointed towards the team about causing drama yet most of these reports are comming from other cities papers that have 'team sources'  :rolleyes:  who obviously would know that the Lakers have made it very clear they do not want to speak about a contract  until after the season with PJ.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 11:43:03 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com