Author Topic: congrats spursx3  (Read 2257 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
congrats spursx3
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 12:46:12 AM »
Texas defense was falling apart through out the game, Lateral Or not, these two teams were pretty evenly matched IMHO.  There were bad calls both ways, but the announcers had it right, the officials that could review had enough time to review and did not stop game play, I dont know what quarter it was, but I remember one Texas defender intercepting a pass from USC, came down on his butt, the ball popped out after he was down and it was not an interception.  According to the announcers, the ball could not be lost due to ground contact, and it should have been an interception.  Dan is right about USC SHOULD have been able to score at will, but they made bad mistakes - I think that comes from the fact that they were really surprised at the team they met on the field that night.  I mean yes it was Texas, but these guys are USC the two time champs 34 wins in a row.  Bad mistakes are bad mistakes, and with Texas defense falling apart with freaking cramps, imo that says more for Texas than it does about USC being a better team.  Not only that, but a quarterback the size and skill of Young did scare the USC defense - do they rush him or fall back?  Either way, the man is dangerous.  He is cool underpressure and is more than ready for the NFL, sure he will not run the ball as much as he does now, but considering that he would hopefully play with a better offensive line in the pros he could be a real surprise.  of course after a few years of sacks and yes he could very well be out in 7 years or so.  Say what you want, but Young put the team on his shoulder and WON the game practically on his own.  There were some redeeming plays by the D, but Young drove the ball at will on USC, passing AND rushing.  So no disresoect to Bush or White or anyone else on USC, but Young is the real deal, he proved that at the Rose Bowl.  BTW, the second half was incredible, both teams stepping up to push the ball down the others field, it was intense.  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
congrats spursx3
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 02:30:14 AM »
Texas defense was falling apart through out the game, Lateral Or not, these two teams were pretty evenly matched IMHO.  There were bad calls both ways, but the announcers had it right, the officials that could review had enough time to review and did not stop game play, I dont know what quarter it was, but I remember one Texas defender intercepting a pass from USC, came down on his butt, the ball popped out after he was down and it was not an interception.  According to the announcers, the ball could not be lost due to ground contact, and it should have been an interception.  Dan is right about USC SHOULD have been able to score at will, but they made bad mistakes - I think that comes from the fact that they were really surprised at the team they met on the field that night.  I mean yes it was Texas, but these guys are USC the two time champs 34 wins in a row.  Bad mistakes are bad mistakes, and with Texas defense falling apart with freaking cramps, imo that says more for Texas than it does about USC being a better team.  Not only that, but a quarterback the size and skill of Young did scare the USC defense - do they rush him or fall back?  Either way, the man is dangerous.  He is cool underpressure and is more than ready for the NFL, sure he will not run the ball as much as he does now, but considering that he would hopefully play with a better offensive line in the pros he could be a real surprise.  of course after a few years of sacks and yes he could very well be out in 7 years or so.  Say what you want, but Young put the team on his shoulder and WON the game practically on his own.  There were some redeeming plays by the D, but Young drove the ball at will on USC, passing AND rushing.  So no disresoect to Bush or White or anyone else on USC, but Young is the real deal, he proved that at the Rose Bowl.  BTW, the second half was incredible, both teams stepping up to push the ball down the others field, it was intense.
The Reggie Bush lateral was a key play in the game.  To say it was THE KEY play in the game is illogical.  Besides the fact it was a back n forth game with many key plays lets look at that lateral play.  

Lets say Bush does not lateral.  SC in turn scores at least a field goal to make it 10-0.  Or even a touchdown to make it 14-0.  There are 44 minutes left in the game.

If Vince Young can lead Texas from 12 behind (38-26) with 6:42 left in the game to 41-38 (15 Texas points), then he certainly could have led them from 10-14 back with 44 minutes left.

1st possession of game.  Texas D holds SC.  The Texas punt returner then fumbles at midfield and SC recovers.  All kinds of momentum changers in this one.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
congrats spursx3
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 09:43:30 AM »
Lateral Or not, these two teams were pretty evenly matched IMHO.

Say what you want, but Young put the team on his shoulder and WON the game practically on his own.
Your self contradiction is exactly what I'm saying.  USC is a better team than Texas but Young was the difference maker.  That's like saying Detroit and Minny are pretty evenly matched because of KG.  One team is clearly better with better overall talent the other team has a SUPERSTAR.

In the end Texas came out on top as the champs and broke USC's record, that's all anyone will remember.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

congrats spursx3
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 12:58:17 PM »
IMO USC was the better team but Young was just too much for the USC defense.  It was like a man among boys.

Nope the better team was the one that had the most points on the SCOREBOARD at the end.  Vince didn't play defense, vince didn't catch his own passes and vince didn't make two critical 4th down stops.

You could say that USC had more talent but couldn't close the deal, but the better team is decided on the SCOREBOARD.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
congrats spursx3
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006, 01:20:30 PM »
IMO USC was the better team but Young was just too much for the USC defense.  It was like a man among boys.

Nope the better team was the one that had the most points on the SCOREBOARD at the end.  Vince didn't play defense, vince didn't catch his own passes and vince didn't make two critical 4th down stops.

You could say that USC had more talent but couldn't close the deal, but the better team is decided on the SCOREBOARD.
Oh yea!  Well...uhmm...why don't you shut your face!  :angry:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"