Author Topic: Nice rebounds, Pistons  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Nice rebounds, Pistons
« on: December 26, 2005, 01:05:30 PM »
Manu will be back and Fabs will be inserted.

I think it's an oversimplification to say the Pistons "crash the boards".
I think they have been playing team ball long enough that sometimes when they shoot the other teamates are so dialed in to positioning for the board that a miss becomes a make.

While their fg % may be 45% their "trips down the floor makeage" is much higher.

You come down the offensive floor.  Miss a shot, get one O board, miss again, get another O board, make shot.

Technically its 1-3 but its 1-1 on that trip.

Anyone ever find a site that records that stat?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Nice rebounds, Pistons
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 11:49:59 AM »
Reality I know exactly what I should have got you for x-mas.....

NBA 2k6 for the Playstation 2!!!

That way you could pick the Spurs for season mode and Fabs could play 40 minutes a game with Manu scoring 65 in 3 quarters!!!!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Nice rebounds, Pistons
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 12:09:39 PM »
i had to drop fabs off of my FNBA aquad...if they had Fantasy Immigration I would have had his arse deported too... :nonono:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Nice rebounds, Pistons
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 12:37:48 PM »
i had to drop fabs off of my FNBA aquad...if they had Fantasy Immigration I would have had his arse deported too... :nonono:
Bandwaggoner.

June 25th 2006 Finals Game 3.
"Fabs Oberto with an offensive board and putback.  Spurs over the Pistons 97-96 in a barnburner."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nice rebounds, Pistons
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 01:05:53 PM »
"Fabs Oberto with an offensive board and putback. Spurs over the Pistons 97-96 in a barnburner."

You're a living, breathing irony.  

Someone named "Reality", who has never ventured a single minute within it.

:jk:  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Nice rebounds, Pistons
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 01:49:42 PM »
Bandwaggoner.

June 25th 2006 Finals Game 3.
"Fabs Oberto with an offensive board and putback.  Spurs over the Pistons 97-96 in a barnburner."
You bought NBA2k6?  :up:

There is a mode in the game where you can setup certain situations and I think this game is the only way that above scenario would happen.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 01:50:17 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Nice rebounds, Pistons
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 02:20:50 PM »
While their fg % may be 45% their "trips down the floor makeage" is much higher.

You come down the offensive floor.  Miss a shot, get one O board, miss again, get another O board, make shot.

Technically its 1-3 but its 1-1 on that trip.

I believe the technical term for what you are describing is "2nd chance points".  

I don't know any sites off hand, but I know most radio and television broadcasts keep track of this stat, so you'd think the info is archived somewhere.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Nice rebounds, Pistons
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 01:47:25 PM »
I believe the technical term for what you are describing is "2nd chance points".  

I don't know any sites off hand, but I know most radio and television broadcasts keep track of this stat, so you'd think the info is archived somewhere. [/quote]
 msc,

Thank you.

If your fellow Laker posters would be so intelligent and concise, what a wonderful world this would be.

While team 2nd chance points exists, and again thank you i will look for that, we at one time were wondering if stats were kept for individuals on the same front.

idea being, can and do some players shoot in such a way and time coordination that gives their teamates the best chance for an O rebound.  Would be interesting to see.  Of course some of it would be luck and circumstance, but for those who play lots of minutes that stat should tell something over the course of a season.

I myself when i played would think about and act in such a way when shooting.  Does my team have position for the O board.