Author Topic: What the ???  (Read 983 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
What the ???
« on: November 15, 2005, 12:28:34 AM »
I'm stunned.

20-7 Eagles with 3:43 to go.  Dallas 1st and 72 yards to go.  It's over, I flip the channel.  Surfing back a few minutes later I find out its 21-20 Cowboys with 1:49 to go and Cowboys have the ball.   :eek2:  :eek2:

Eagles get ball back for one last series chance.  Move ball upfield as backup QB is doing fantastic.  Butterfinger reciever drops pass at 20 yard line that would have given Philly the chip shot winning field goal. :drunk:

Condolences.  This one has got hurt.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 01:48:27 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
What the ???
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 11:06:09 AM »
I hate to say this cuz TO is an a-hole to me but....if Brett Farve was the QB last night they would have won the game =X
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
What the ???
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 01:29:49 PM »
dabods RT especially as Eagles, but anyone else also:

What was more shocking/disappointing/unbelievable at the time:

a McNabbs short throw INT ran back for a t.d.

b  Reggie Browns caught/then dropped pass with 8 seconds left for the would be Akers chip shot 35 yard field goal attempt.  

rickortreat

What the ???
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 08:20:57 PM »
The McNabb pass.  Even though he throws a lot of short passes you still don't expect it to result in an interception at such a critical point in the game.  There's nothing bigger than a turnover in football, except actually scoring.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
What the ???
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 11:55:50 PM »
The McNabb pass.  Even though he throws a lot of short passes you still don't expect it to result in an interception at such a critical point in the game.  There's nothing bigger than a turnover in football, except actually scoring.
A turnover via INT/T.D. combo is like the only thing that could have seriously given the Cowboys realistic hope at that point.  That is what shocks me.
Plenty of lame defensive back play after that but still....

Even so:

Did you and bods not crap when Reggie Brown had it -then dropped it?

rickortreat

What the ???
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 10:29:30 AM »
I'm pretty much over the Eagles at this point,  I think the team tried to cut too many corners, and it's bad karma is catching up with it.

The whole Owens thing, Mcnabb's sports hernia, the millions they're under the salary cap after trading away Mayberry, Simon and the others.

I'm not even watching them anymore.  If they don't work to put the best team on the field possible, they don't deserve my allegiance.  

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
What the ???
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 10:33:51 AM »
The reggie brown catch was actually stripped out of his hands when he was coming down with the ball.  He actually made the catch originally.  Good play by the corner, reggie's main mistake was not bringing it in quicker.

The real question should be what's more shocking, Andy Reid's decision to call a fade on 2nd and 7 after the cowboys have just used a timeout and couldn't stop the run all night or McNabb's throw.  There's just no reason to throw a deep, low percentage, sideline pass in that situation.

Guest_spursfan101

What the ???
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 12:29:49 PM »
Well, if it makes you feel any better, at least you can say you lost to the pending 05-06 Superbowl Championships. :cheers:  

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
What the ???
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 01:47:07 PM »
Dallas?  Dallas is mediocre.  They just got stomped and had to have the game giftwrapped by a non-playoff team.