Author Topic: Phil on denial, Kobe  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Phil on denial, Kobe
« on: November 21, 2005, 10:57:26 AM »
Phil Jackson May 18th 2005:

"On the other hand, I'm concerned about how going back to coaching, especially this team, might harm my health, physical and mental. My therapist consistently warns me that I'm still in denial, that I have failed to treat the end of my tenure last June as a truly traumatic event, and that it might take a year to eighteen months to fully recover. I see his point, but don't necessarily agree. I haven't felt pain or anger or rejection since then."

On Kobme and therapy:
http://et.tv.yahoo.com/celebrities/8748/

The feud between Kobe and Shaq threatened to tear the Lakers apart and Jackson reveals that, at one point, he looked for an L.A. school district psychologist who dealt with narcissistic children to help him counsel Kobe. The two star players were having a war of words in the press and Jackson says the team's "conflict resolution therapist" had to be brought in. The therapist advised separating the players and reminding them of the company policy of working together professionally -- and that they could not go to the press anymore.

Guest_Randy

Phil on denial, Kobe
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 11:31:50 AM »
Reality,

Perhaps the counselor can treat Phil, Kobe and you and give a group rate discount!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Phil on denial, Kobe
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 11:52:38 AM »
Reality,

Perhaps the counselor can treat Phil, Kobe and you and give a group rate discount!
Randee,

The hours you spent coming up with that never before heard comeback quip is appreciated.  Moreso is your willingness to talk about this.  It's a start.  I'm hoping WOW, westkoast, LFD and all can join and talk about their feelings.  This is soo L.A.

Is Phil in denial?  Was/is Kobes therapist for narcisstic children helping?  Can you validate Phils communication on the season?    

Guest_Randy

Phil on denial, Kobe
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 12:31:11 PM »
It's pretty funny -- you have a desire to talk more about this stuff than any Laker fan that I know!  Hmm, wonder why?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Phil on denial, Kobe
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 01:24:35 PM »
Few questions...

1) Do you actually have a reason for posting this?

2) This is old news so why bring up it up now?

3)  Why did you chose to do this instead of highlight how well the Clippers played Friday?

« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 01:25:00 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Phil on denial, Kobe
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 02:21:53 PM »
Few questions...

1) Do you actually have a reason for posting this?

2) This is old news so why bring up it up now?

3)  Why did you chose to do this instead of highlight how well the Clippers played Friday?
1 and 2.  Yes but flashes of truth regarding Lakerism must be carefully shed on your eyes.  Also timeframewise, notice Phils therapist had told him the fall of Laker Marketing culminated by the spanking by the Pistons and subsequent trauma could take him over 18 months to overcome.

He is now at 14 months.  How is he doing?  Is he in denial?  How are his adherents doing?  It's very relevant.

Also this weekend is the first i have read of these accounts in Phils book.

Also dispersed are long standing Laker excuse myths such as Karl Malones injury is the only reason they lost.  Phil exudes light on the matter, saying "perhaps I should have had them meditate more."  Aha therein lies the answer.  Some may still feel it was Detroits superior defense and Larry Browns coaching.  These must be shunned and will be excommunicated from Lakerism.  

3.  I had already posted on Lakers v Clips on Friday night and even asked you a question.  

Guest_Randy

Phil on denial, Kobe
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 03:52:46 PM »
Reality,

With Malone, did the Lakers beat your vaunted Spurs?  Or were the Spurs so poor that year that they would have been trounced by the Pistons superior defense and Brown's coaching?  Just want to make sure I understand you correctly!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Phil on denial, Kobe
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 04:23:21 PM »
Reality,

With Malone, did the Lakers beat your vaunted Spurs?  Or were the Spurs so poor that year that they would have been trounced by the Pistons superior defense and Brown's coaching?  Just want to make sure I understand you correctly!
Perhaps Popavitch should have had them meditate.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 04:23:41 PM by Reality »

Guest_Randy

Phil on denial, Kobe
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 04:42:31 PM »
Reality,

With Malone, did the Lakers beat your vaunted Spurs?  Or were the Spurs so poor that year that they would have been trounced by the Pistons superior defense and Brown's coaching?  Just want to make sure I understand you correctly!
Perhaps Popavitch should have had them meditate.
Or perhaps Pop should have gotten the Spurs to fight amongst themselves?  :rofl: