Author Topic: Iggy  (Read 884 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Iggy
« on: November 11, 2005, 10:26:44 PM »
With more games like this on national TV and Iggy moves way up the defensive player of the year list.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

rickortreat

Iggy
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 10:44:52 PM »
He was deserving last year.  Either this year or next, he becomes a star in the NBA.  He better be in the Slam Dunk contest this year.

Kobe is such a great player, even with Andre on him all night, he still came up with two big buckets down the stretch.  

Sixers were able to make some big shots down on their end.  The Salmons three, and the shot Igoudala made were huge, and the one where they swung the ball accross the court and back to Iverson sealed the game, IMO.

guest-koast

Iggy
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 11:07:45 PM »
He shut down one of the best offensive players in the game.  Every shot was contested and Ig did a great job of staying in front of Kobe and down when he pumped.  Also credit needs to go to the team defense of the Sixers.  They swarmed Kobe and kept any of the other Lakers from getting to the rim.  Nice defensive outing by the Sixers all around.

I am very intrested in seeing Ig go up against Mcgrady, Wade, and some of the other more talented guards.  He got the best of Kobe tonight.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Iggy
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 03:15:31 PM »
Iggy should have been an all-defensive team (first or second last year).  If he doesn't make it this year it will be due to youth.

Defensive player of the year?  Erm....well, no, not yet.  It's exceptionally hard for a guard to pull that off.

I actually thought Iggy could have done a better job the other night.  There were 2-3 drives where I thought Iggy got beat, not so much physically, but mentally.  It seemed like he was expecting Kobe to stop and pop and kobe got a step on him.  But when you defend player like Kobe, who has as many offensive moves as anyone in the game, I guess he's going to surprise you a couple times down the court.