Poll

Who will have the best record in the Northwest?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Best record in the Northwest?  (Read 1034 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Best record in the Northwest?
« on: October 25, 2005, 03:29:21 PM »
Who and why?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 04:14:27 PM »
Denver, they are coming off a great streak to end last year and pretty much have the same personal.  I doubt Karl has let up on these guys to where they shouldnt win this division again.

Minnesota has alot to prove after last year and that would be my second choice.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 04:30:32 PM »
Denver same as above.
Minny same as above, waiting to see how roster shakes out.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 12:52:18 PM »
Denver is going to win.  They have a premier coach in this league that knows how to win and the when you give him talent willing to play his style of defense, watch out.  Reference second half of last year.  Also review Sonics record 92-93 to 96-97.  Some things have to go right though.  Namely he needs K-Mart and Camby to play a combined 140 games, that's 70 games each.  If either of those guys misses significant time, than Hilario should step in and do well but Denver will have to fight to win the division.  If both of those guys miss significant time and Franciso Elson has to be called to log heavy time, I don't think they can do it.  In the backcourt, Karl has his kind of PG backup in Watson and he should do well spelling Miller and Lenard.  Boykins for instant offense.  I just like what this team can do.

Prediction:  Best record in the Division, Conference, and NBA
Seed: 1  

I think Utah will be the team to take it if they can stay healthy and Denver cannot.  Utah is good and deep and the play of Deron so far in the preseason is inspiring.  I would hope Sloan curtails Ostertag's burn to not utterly handicap the offensive flow.  Let's not forget this team came out of the block on a 6 game winning streak, and now there's no Arroyo-the human monkey wrench.

Prediction:  Second best in the Division
Seed:  7

Minnesota is just not good enough.  Griffin would have to play out of his mind, Jaric would have to play 75 games, Olowokandi would have to-well-play basketball period, and still its an outside shot.  

Prediction:  Third in Division
Seed:  Miss playoffs

Seattle lost players, lost coaches, lost millions of dollars and I see the losing trend continuing.  I like the look of Ridnour, but I just don't like anybody in the frontcourt, at all period.  The one guy that has the talent to do real damage is a fruit salad (Fortson), and the steady producers (Evans and Collison) don't have the talent.  But I was dead wrong last year.  

Prediction:  Fourth in Division
Seed:  Miss playoffs

Portland is way way way too young.....and still immature.  I mean I do not envy McMillan's position.  He's already had to fine Zach Randolph, bench Zach Randolph, spank Zach Randolph, and shake his head in an exasperated manner at Zach Randolph.  Why doesn't Zach just get it?  And its a shame because the talent in Zach's fingernail is only slightly less than the other four starters combined.  This team needs a leader (check), and it needs a direction (he's workin' on it).  

Prediction:  The Caboose
Seed:    Miss playoffs    

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."