Author Topic: Allan Houston set to retire  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Allan Houston set to retire
« on: October 17, 2005, 02:32:05 PM »
Didn't LB just call him his best player?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 02:51:49 PM »
I'd say Brown is already doing his thing.  Rebuilding.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 04:35:27 PM »

Because Larry Brown is a sentimental idiot who loves to stir the pot for the media and for his own motivational purposes.  

Allan Houston retiring is actually the best thing that could've happened to the Knicks financially speaking.  Which is why it now makes sense why they released JYD instead of Houston.  Ziggy would know if I'm mistaken on this but now the Knicks are much much less responsible for Houston's 40 million contract now that he's retired.

In other quotes by Larry Brown, the first is hilarious because its a backhanded insult to pretty much every player on the Knick roster.  When asked what kind of new offensive and defensive schemes he was establishing, he answered something to the effect of: Well the staff and myself are really just teaching these guys how to play basketball, you know boxing out, defensive slide, etc.  Very subtle but I was rolling when I read that.

The second was actually kind of surprising, not shocking per se but....  He likened rookie David Lee to Bobby Jones.  Saying that he doesn't command the ball, defends every play, goes after rebounds like every shot is going to miss, and has better ball handling than most kids his size.  Now I knew David Lee was a steal but if Larry's evaluation turns out to be half way accurate, wow!          
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 10:25:58 PM »
The second was actually kind of surprising, not shocking per se but....  He likened rookie David Lee to Bobby Jones.  Saying that he doesn't command the ball, defends every play, goes after rebounds like every shot is going to miss, and has better ball handling than most kids his size.  Now I knew David Lee was a steal but if Larry's evaluation turns out to be half way accurate, wow!
And WHY did he liken him to Bobby Jones?  Because he's WHITE!   :D

"You know Todd, this Roethlisberger kid reminds me a lot of John Elway!  Why?  Because he's a white guy!"

"Yeah, and this McNabb fellow looks a lot like a younger Randall Cunningham, but that's only because he's a black QB..."
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41