Author Topic: Our President hard at work  (Read 1724 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Our President hard at work
« on: October 05, 2005, 04:52:39 PM »
Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing. He concludes
by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed in an accident"

"OH NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!"

His staff sits stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as
the president sits, head in hands.

Finally, the President looks up and asks..........

''How many is a Brazillion?'

A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 04:55:53 PM »
It would be funny if not so believable.   :nod:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 05:22:10 PM »
It would be funny if not so believable.   :nod:
So you don't think it's funny?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 05:48:07 PM »
Yes, it is funny.  However I also believe Bush is stupid enough to really say something like that which takes away from the humor.

And you want to know something really scary....Meirs (Bush's latest Supreme Court appointee) stated, in all earnestness, that Bush is the smartest man she ever met.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 06:22:42 PM »
which takes away from the humor

Yes.  It makes it depressing.

But that has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the joke.

rickortreat

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 08:14:57 AM »
In a way it does take away from the effectivness of the joke.  On the one hand, it's always enjoyable to make fun of other's flaws.  This has been a cornerstone of jokes since the begging of man.

On the other hand, the joke is about a man we rely on to lead us.  And it's not making fun of a flaw like he's a klutz. ala Gerald Ford, but we're making fun of someone's mental capacity, who happens to be the President.

This is really depressing, that we think about the leader of the free world this way!  Not that he should be sacred and beyond reproach, but if we don't think highly of our leader, how is it that this guy is still in office?

At this point the joke in on us, and there's nothing funny about it!   :nonono:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 11:25:33 AM »

This is really depressing, that we think about the leader of the free world this way!  Not that he should be sacred and beyond reproach, but if we don't think highly of our leader, how is it that this guy is still in office?

Actually whats depressing is that he really is a moron.  This isn't just some long running SNL view of the president.  He really is dense.  Perfect person to put into power when you are behind the scenes pulling strings.

How is he still in office?  Plenty of reasons.  One being that their are millions and millions of people who blindly support the guy because they voted for him.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 11:27:03 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 02:54:57 PM »
Equally bad is that even among some who DO believe he's an idiot, they think he'd be better than any of the OTHER candidates they were given to choose from.

Make no mistake:  if we have an idiot for a president, BOTH political parties are to blame.  You can't say, "Don't blame me - I voted for the other guy."

Give me a real leader, and I'll vote for him.  Currently, I'm pulling for McCain for Republicans and Russ Feingold for the Democrats in the next election.  I'll vote for EITHER of them.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 03:23:23 PM »
Give me a real leader, and I'll vote for him.  Currently, I'm pulling for McCain for Republicans and Russ Feingold for the Democrats in the next election.  I'll vote for EITHER of them.
I was actually pulling for Beetle Bailey and Charlie Brown as the two candidates.  Then it would be a tough choice.
-Moody Blues

Guest_spursfan101

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 08:54:48 AM »
Funny, listening to Rush Limbaugh yesterday, and he referenced this joke, but used Al Gore instead of Bush. :rolleyes: