Author Topic: Hey, Wolverine -- happy bday!  (Read 2709 times)

Guest_Randy

Hey, Wolverine -- happy bday!
« on: October 06, 2005, 11:51:04 AM »
:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

PS - My son watched Red Dawn with me for the first time the other day.  He loved it -- with the exception of the whole drinking the deer's blood and killing their own guy (who swallowed the tracker).  He's like:  why did they drink the blood?  And why didn't they just send the kid back rather than shoot him?  

I am assuming that's where you got your name -- if I'm incorrect just disregard the PS, lol.

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 12:14:32 PM »
Thanks!  Appreciate the message.  Joe and I are celebrating by going to the Blues/Red Wings hockey game tonight.  Joe asked if I was interested, and I responded, "What's hockey?"

And no, I didn't get the name from that movie.  Like Skander, I'm actually a huge X-Men fan, and my favorite character (in all of comics, truth be told) is everyone's favorite Canuck.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

rickortreat

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 12:16:37 PM »
Happy Birthday, Wolverine.

:cheers:  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 12:20:32 PM »
Thanks!  Appreciate the message.  Joe and I are celebrating by going to the Blues/Red Wings hockey game tonight.  Joe asked if I was interested, and I responded, "What's hockey?"

And no, I didn't get the name from that movie.  Like Skander, I'm actually a huge X-Men fan, and my favorite character (in all of comics, truth be told) is everyone's favorite Canuck.
Happy b-day.

Stop bull shizzlling us, eveyone knows you're a short, hairy, rat-faced hole digging filthy animal with a bad temper.

X-Men my San Antonio asterisk...err...I mean my arse!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 12:22:02 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 01:57:27 PM »
Happy Birthday Caleb, may the Cards win the WS as a birthday gift to you my friend.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Guest_Randy

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 02:24:15 PM »
Wolvy,

Sorry -- thought I remembered one time you say "Wolverine's attack" on here.

Wolvy is an interesting character -- definately one of the complex of the XMen.  Tough thing though when Magneto pulled all the adamantium from his body.  It definately must hurt when those bone claws break -- although I think Wolvy is into the whole "pain" thing.

My fav was always Collossus though.

jn

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 03:41:48 PM »
Happy birthday amigo!!

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 10:26:17 PM »
Happy Birthday Caleb, may I pound you into an unrecognizable pulp this week in fantasy football.

Seriously, a toast to a brand new year. :cheers:        
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 10:48:20 AM »
happy berfday!!!

B)  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 10:51:24 AM »
Happy Birthday Caleb, may I pound you into an unrecognizable pulp this week in fantasy football.

Seriously, a toast to a brand new year. :cheers:
Don't worry.  My team has some tough matchups this week.  You should be okay!

By the way, did you hear from Joe that Travis Acton will be in town in November?  I'm going to try to make it in town during that period so we can all play some ball.  Hopefully, though, I can make it into town before that, considering it's been like six months since I've been to CoMo.  I'll give you a call before I do, of course.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 12:09:01 PM »
Don't worry. My team has some tough matchups this week. You should be okay!

By the way, did you hear from Joe that Travis Acton will be in town in November? I'm going to try to make it in town during that period so we can all play some ball. Hopefully, though, I can make it into town before that, considering it's been like six months since I've been to CoMo. I'll give you a call before I do, of course.

Oh goodness Caleb, you and Acton battling it out in the post.  Hey Joe, can you imagine what might happen when Caleb drops his heel and sends a shoulder into Acton's chest?? :eek2:   And Caleb though that punk kid at the Y was dirty. :D  I'll, of course be about 20 feet from the action, where its safe!! :nod:  

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 12:34:11 PM »
Don't worry. My team has some tough matchups this week. You should be okay!

By the way, did you hear from Joe that Travis Acton will be in town in November? I'm going to try to make it in town during that period so we can all play some ball. Hopefully, though, I can make it into town before that, considering it's been like six months since I've been to CoMo. I'll give you a call before I do, of course.

Oh goodness Caleb, you and Acton battling it out in the post.  Hey Joe, can you imagine what might happen when Caleb drops his heel and sends a shoulder into Acton's chest?? :eek2:   And Caleb though that punk kid at the Y was dirty. :D  I'll, of course be about 20 feet from the action, where its safe!! :nod:
I've been told I play dirty on more than one occassion.

I know when I'm playing dirty and NEVER have I played as dirty as I know I can.  People tell me I throw my elbows around too much, I must have Deke syndrome, I don't realize I'm doing it, just part of my normal playing motion.

My power move is Larry Johnson like, drive into the defender as hard as possilbe while trying to bank one in.  My finess move is very Rasheed Wallace like, awkward yet effective.  That's a far cry from my McHale/Walton days.  I used to have a killer pull up jumper from within 12 feet, just needed to get a step into the key and I was money, but my knees didn't hold up so I became strictly a post player.  

Would be fun to get together for a game some day.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Skandery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 12:54:49 PM »
Heck yeah it would.  We need to pull something together, as soon as I can get some freakin' vacation time!!

I'm a Shooting Guard with an emphasis on the 'Shooting'.  I'm a decent outside shooter and dribbler (although both will fluctuate depending on how often I'm playing), think Steve Smith or Rip Hamilton-w/ 3 point range.  I've been told my off the ball motion is phenomenol.  I'm not as good a free throw shooter as I should be nor do I get as many steals.  I will get more than my share of rebounds and blocks.  I can D someone up, but if they're a lot bigger than me, I can be powered inside easily.  On the court, I'll be that guy driving the lane and getting thrown to the ground more often than not.      

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 01:39:57 PM »
I'm starting to update the profiles on my web site.  Mine and Caleb's are up-to-date.

Joe's Scouting Reports

Oh, and everybody out there pay close attention to the part on Skander's that says, "bump him, bruise him, beat him up."  

**laughing**

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 01:40:16 PM »
I haven't played since June when I hurt my knee pretty bad.  Been flip flopping between having surgery and not.  When my knee starts to feel OK any little thing will mess it up again.   Last month I was playing at the beach with my kids and one of them lost their balance, when I went over to pick them up the wave pushed her back into me and knee popped again.

It really sucks.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"