Author Topic: Pierce gone?  (Read 1110 times)

Guest_Randy

Pierce gone?
« on: September 08, 2005, 08:54:20 AM »
A source informed InsideHoops.com editor Jeff Lenchiner Wednesday evening that the Boston Celtics are expected to trade all-star guard/forward Paul Pierce to the Denver Nuggets for guard Andre Miller and forward/center Nene.

Well, this would explain why the Nuggets were trying to sign Earl Watson in addition to Andre Miller and Earl Boykins.  It's been obvious that Karl doesn't like Miller and Nene's actions over the past years just might have caused the Nuggets to pull out the welcome mat from under his feet.  However, dumping Pierce for Miller and Nene?  Hmmm . . .

Does anyone really think that Danny Ainge has a clue?  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Pierce gone?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 10:02:03 AM »
So now Antoine Walker got his wish and is in charge of the offense??  Great.  I much rather have Walker shoot from outside than Pierce  :rolleyes:

God I hate Danny Ainge with a passion I hope this blows up in his face.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 10:02:21 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

Pierce gone?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 10:09:03 AM »
koast,

Walker is now a Miami Heat.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Pierce gone?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 10:21:34 AM »
koast,

Walker is now a Miami Heat.
Im a moron lol  esp. since we spent like 10 pages arguing about why getting Walker  doesnt make the Heat the favorites.

So no Walker, no Pierce.  Miller and Nene????  :D  
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 10:22:32 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

rickortreat

Pierce gone?
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 10:34:32 AM »
IMO, Pierce has decided he doesn't want to wait for Boston to get it's act together.  The more the Celtics change their roster, the less continuity they have.  I've accussed other teams of floundering, but in the NBA dictionary this teams picture is under that heading!

Ainge is no Auerbach!
 B)  

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Pierce gone?
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 11:43:45 AM »
I read the article, and this is all just supposition from the fertile mind of some basketball writer.  It is all "this kind of deal makes sense", so in other words it is a slow news day, and you gotta write something.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil