Author Topic: I can't help but think that Spree is getting a . .  (Read 924 times)

Guest_Randy

I can't help but think that Spree is getting a . .
« on: August 23, 2005, 08:26:18 AM »
taste of reality!  The guy tanked the season (along with Cassell) for the TWolves and everyone knows it -- and yet he obviously thought that NBA teams would be lined up to sign him for big bucks.  Hmm, that hasn't happened!  In fact, I don't even hear of anyone INTERESTED in signing him -- for anything, at this point.  Of course, many teams are trying to land Finley, DA, McKie, etc. so Spree goes to the bottom of the pile until all those signings are done but I can't help but wonder if Spree is realizing that he is reaping the consequences of his actions over the past year.  Personally, I doubt it -- I think his sense of "entitlement" is far stronger than his sense of personal responsibility and accountability!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 10:07:34 AM »
Thats funny cuz I even forgot he was "on the market".  He reminds me of a run down house on the market that no one wants to buy because its too much of a fixer upper.  They dont have home depot for mental cases.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 10:31:21 AM »
Actually I have ehard that he is close to signing with the Rockets - possibly in a sign & trade (Charlie Ward & some unused big man).  At least that's the rumors coming from Houston.....
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jn

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 10:55:14 AM »
Karma, comeuppance, payback, justice.   These terms all apply to Spree's situation.  Schudenfreude (sp?) the German term for "shameful joy" describes my feelings toward him.  Actually wait, why should I feel any shame at all? :up:

Oddly, I had even heard that he had talked to Detroit though that could just be smoke from his agent.  

rickortreat

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 01:27:49 PM »
IMO the guy's a liability as a player.  He never played that well in the first place, doesn't take to coaching well, doesn't work hard on the floor, and thinks he's a good player.

Most coaches would rather have a younger player with better potential than try to fit a misfit into their program.

Who would want Spree on their team?  Who would take him over Aaron McKie?

Talk about a choke artist!  :rofl:  

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 01:39:39 PM »
Rick . . .

I don't think you can say that Spree has never been a great player -- during his stint with the Knicks he performed well -- and did for a year with the TWolves as well.  He has always been an underrated defender (a very good defender) and a streaky shooter but a great slasher.  He was probably the Knicks best player during the Knick/Raptor series when he outplayed VC (he helped hold VC in check which helped the Knicks win the series).  

However, after saying all of that -- no player (not Spree, not Kobe, etc.) is worth being a cancer and a malcontent on a team, period.  It's part of the system from an early age that good athletes are given so many "extras" -- it's easy for them to develop a feeling of entitlement.  That goes from Spree to Shaq to Kobe to CWebb and on and on and on.  There are a few athletes who manage to keep their ego in check but they are few and far between.