Author Topic: Rank the best coaching situations  (Read 977 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Rank the best coaching situations
« on: July 06, 2005, 01:36:22 AM »
Assume you are Joe Good Coach, young old doesn't matter.  You can coach any team for 2005.  With a great O and D assistant coaches.  What is your choice?  Assume the object is to win the title.  I know it's premature with all the Free Agent signings yet to go, but we can readjust after the signings.

I'm still congitating but for now its

#1 Spurs easily.
#2 hmmmn Detroit
#3 Possibly Indy
#4 Miami if indeed Shaqs injury is healed.  I really want to see who they add.
#5 Phx if height and D added.
#6 Hou with a good O and D coach.

zzzzzzz good night.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 09:57:21 AM »
1.  San An.  They could win a title even if GREG POPOVICH was coaching them.

2.  Miami.  I'll just tell Shaq that the Lakers drafted Andrew Bynum to replace him and that Kobe Bryant was behind it.  And that Phil Jackson said Bynum was in better shape that Shaq ever was.  And that Tim Duncan has as many rings as Shaq does.  And that I'm going to bench him against the Lakers, for fear of him getting hurt, unless we're leading the entire league by 10 games the day we play them - comfort margin in case he gets hurt, you know....

3.  Dallas.  Great offensive weapons.  LOTS of great offensive weapons.  LOTS of great offensive depth behind those great offensive weapons.  Even Jeff Van Gundy couldn't slow this team down.

4.  Detroit.  Feisty attitude, talent-laden roster.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 11:06:09 AM »
1.  San An.  They could win a title even if GREG POPOVICH was coaching them.

2.  Miami.  I'll just tell Shaq that the Lakers drafted Andrew Bynum to replace him and that Kobe Bryant was behind it.  And that Phil Jackson said Bynum was in better shape that Shaq ever was.  And that Tim Duncan has as many rings as Shaq does.  And that I'm going to bench him against the Lakers, for fear of him getting hurt, unless we're leading the entire league by 10 games the day we play them - comfort margin in case he gets hurt, you know....

3.  Dallas.  Great offensive weapons.  LOTS of great offensive weapons.  LOTS of great offensive depth behind those great offensive weapons.  Even Jeff Van Gundy couldn't slow this team down.

4.  Detroit.  Feisty attitude, talent-laden roster.
You know, despite how we complain about him at times, Pop has one of the best winning percentages of any coach in the NBA, the Spurs have also  had the best winning percentage of ANY team, and the four major sports, NFL - MLB - NHL - NBA in the past seven years or so.  True, Duncan has a been a big part of that, but look at the interest in the Spurs coaching and scouting staff in recent years.  Guys who came to coach under and/or scout for Pop and RC have gone into the league and are making it.  Getting someone from the Spurs, or getting a defensive scheme like the Spurs, is starting to become a pretty big deal league wide.  Say what you want about the guy, and believe me - I have, but Pop has basically started a kind of school of thought.  and when his career is all said and done, he will be looked on as one of the best coaches in NBA history.  That just trips me out because of all the LUCK this guy has come across since taking over as coach for us.  Hard to believe, I know, but that IS the direction his career is heading right now.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.