Author Topic: Finals Picks  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Finals Picks
« on: June 13, 2005, 01:53:18 PM »
Tuesday, June 14
Game 3 - Spurs lead 2-0
San Antonio at Detroit

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Finals Picks
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 02:18:27 PM »
I know detroit has to get a win sometime, and even though I know that this would be the best chance for that to happen....I still gotta vote for the Spurs.  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

rickortreat

Finals Picks
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 04:14:59 PM »
Spurs, Baby!

I think psychologically the Pistons are reeling, as they were thoroughly dominated in Game 2.

Ordinarilly, one would think the Pistons would defend their home court and get back into the series, but IMO the Spurs smell Blood.  They didn't let Phoenix get back into the series and they won't let the Pistons either.

The Spurs should step on the Pistons neck from the openening tip and take the crowd out early.  A win here would kill the Pistons and that's what the Spurs will do.  

sf101

Finals Picks
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 10:37:38 PM »
Spurs, screw the Pistons.  They are a bunch of whiney babies.  
* Crying and blaming the officials for their incompetence.
* Wallace refusing to talk to the media, instead, opting to play his PSP.
* And worse of all, scrub Eldon Campbell flicking off the TV cameras as he was sitting next to his head coach Larry Brown.  

Hope the Spurs sweep these scrubs, and whatever respect I had for this team has gone out the door. If it wasn't for the .4 shot by Fisher that demoralized our team, Spurs could be doing a 3 peat.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Finals Picks
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 03:23:45 PM »
I said it before, I will say it again, The Spurs looked whipped in the first quarter of game one, thoroughly whipped, than they took the game back and totally deflated the Pistons, they didn't recover in that game, and in game 2 the Spurs pulled out their heart and ate it in front of them, the look on Hamilton's face said it all, "we are beaten, and we cannot beat this team".

Game 3 Spurs, if they win this one, I predict a sweep.
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Finals Picks
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 04:34:06 PM »
detroit with some home cooking
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Finals Picks
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 04:41:18 PM »
I said it before, I will say it again, The Spurs looked whipped in the first quarter of game one, thoroughly whipped, than they took the game back and totally deflated the Pistons, they didn't recover in that game, and in game 2 the Spurs pulled out their heart and ate it in front of them, the look on Hamilton's face said it all, "we are beaten, and we cannot beat this team".

Funny you noticed the look on Hamilton's face.  To me it actually looked more like "I ache all over."  Although I agree, quite a dejected look.  I don't know how much more driving into the tree's that 190 pounder is gonna do.  Being a skinny bastard myself, I can say from experience he'd better change his approach to this game.  Right now he is being physically dominated and manhandled by Ginobili and by Bowen.  He is getting frustrated and trying to retaliate but just isn't built for that kind of game.  

Parker is being dominated on the Pistons offensive side but the Spurs rotational scheme has been better than I've ever seen it.  Duncan's defensive motion and awareness has been a beautiful thing to behold.  The Pistons on the other hand aren't making things any easier for Rip.  Wallace has had some success in the low block one on one, they've not done that!!  Prince has had success in the low block, they've not done that!!  Billups started to have success in the post, they've just figured that out!!  None of the Pistons have any kind of touch around the basket on their drives.  Rip is curling around the pick and trying to take it at the Spurs instead of just shooting the mid-range.  Billups, Hunter, Prince, and Wallace have just plain forgotten how to shoot the three ball.  And their defense hasn't been disruptive enough to get transition baskets.  I'm surprised they've gotten as much points as they have.  Most of the credit goes to the Spurs and their anchor, but Detroit isn't playing smart and isn't playing confident.  Unless something drastic changes, I say get out the brooms.  

I'm going to watch the game tonight then decide on Game 4 tomorrow.

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Finals Picks
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 04:44:29 PM »
Forgot to vote on Game 3.  :rolleyes:  

San Antonio Spurs
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Finals Picks
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 06:36:53 PM »
Spurs

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Finals Picks
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 06:43:51 PM »
It may very well have been and "I ache all over" look, he is getting physically hammered out there, but his head shaking dejected look as he was walking back up the floor after a Spurs score to me said surrender.

I agree with all your points, Detroit is playing like this is the injury riddled Laker team they faced last year, it will cost them a repeat. San Antonio is healthy, focused and clearly a superior defensive squad compared to LA last year, in fact, for all their vaunted defense, Detroit is doing nothing to shut down San Antonio besause the Spurs play precisely the type of game that exposes defensive weaknesses, a half court set that relies on ball movement and and an unstoppable force in the low post in Tim Duncan and a slasher like Parker who is fearless in the paint. Detroit forcing a half court game on the Spurs is handing them a gift. San Antonio on the other hand can handle a running offense (Phoenix) or a team that likes the half court set, and Detroit's offensive weakness is a further liablity when they face a team as defensively tough as the Spurs.
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Finals Picks
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 11:45:56 AM »
Am I the only one who picked Detroit?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com