Author Topic: 'Sheeds guarantee  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
'Sheeds guarantee
« on: June 04, 2005, 11:04:08 AM »
he's 2-0 lifetime in playoff victory guarantees.

His rant was accurate, however i do think he may come to regret the last part of it.

"The league wants a Game 7"
Don't think Sternfish and company liked hearing that in the soundbites.  Might be some payback coming for Sheed.

rickortreat

'Sheeds guarantee
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 04:55:55 PM »
I think it depends on Wade.  Although it's certainly possible for Miami to beat the Pistons without him, if he doesn't play, the Heat will have a much tougher time.

I'm confident Miami will win the series, but it's probably in their best interests to play an extra game against the Pistons before playing the Spurs.  The Spurs are already getting some rest, so giving them a few more days isn't going to make any difference.  But the Heat will probably get at leat two days rest after beating the Pistons anyway.  And, the longer they're playing the Pistons, the longer the Heat can wait for Wade and Shaq to get healthy.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
'Sheeds guarantee
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 11:47:16 PM »
And, the longer they're playing the Pistons, the longer the Heat can wait for Wade and Shaq to get healthy.
rt you lost me on this last point.  How is having to play the Pistons in Gm 7 helping Wade and Shaq get rested and healthy?  Or do you mean it allows Wade to rest from Gm 5 all the way to Gm 7?  Still don't see how that helps him vs the Spurs as he now has to play Gm 7.  Heat and Wade would have had about 6 days off had they taken down Detroit in Gm 6 tonight.

Anywho, 'Sheed makes good on another playoff guarantee.  Or rather the Pistons did.  Shaq does not look too healthy, altho its hard to feel sorry for him as you anticipate he being allowed to Bulldoze again in Gm 7.  I hope it's fair.  In a way if The Heat advance thats okay with me because I'd like to see The Most Dominant Never further verifyed in another series vs Duncan.  

rickortreat

'Sheeds guarantee
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 10:37:28 AM »
If the Heat managed to win yesterday, I think they'd have started playing the Spurs tommorow.  This way, they give Wade and Shaq another game against Detroit while the Spurs sit.  

By playing the Pistons on Monday, Wade will have had an extra 48 hours to heal before having to face the Spurs.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
'Sheeds guarantee
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 09:38:47 PM »
Well it's past tense now, the Finals was starting on Thursday June 9th irregardless of how Game 6 turned out.  That was/is yet another reason for the Spurs to be geeked about getting Phx in 5.  Huge rest for Dunkans ankles, GNobs everywhere and Parker also has some bumps and floor bruises.

Last 5 years 4Xs the team to clinch 1st has gone down.  But the Spurs advancing 1st is fine with me.  Streaks are made to be broken.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
'Sheeds guarantee
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 10:16:15 PM »
Talk about a butt whooping.  I was in Blyte (border of Cali and Arizona) at the river enjoying myself with no tv, radio, computer, or anything like that so I missed the game.

Who could tell me what Shaq looked like?  Its not like him to only to have a 24-13 game when the series is on the line.  I expected him to really sock it to the Pistons for what happend last year but it looks like the opposite happend.  Pistons creamed the crap out of them.

How special of a player do you have to be to have such an impact in just your 2nd year and first time this deep into the playoffs?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 10:16:43 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
'Sheeds guarantee
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 03:59:05 PM »
Shaq is hurt, it's obvious everytime the guy tries to run.  A healthy Shaq would go off for 40 on the Piss-tons.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
'Sheeds guarantee
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 07:29:39 PM »
Shaq is hurt, it's obvious everytime the guy tries to run.  A healthy Shaq would go off for 40 on the Piss-tons.
Or 50 or 60.  Just like last year.
'n Kobe Bryant would go off for 70, or 80, or 90.  Mister can i watch the game with you?

I am saddened we won't get to see a healthy Shaq/healthy Tim Dunker Finals.