Author Topic: phoenix finaly playing with fire  (Read 1505 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
phoenix finaly playing with fire
« on: May 30, 2005, 09:27:22 PM »
Phoenix is playing desperately finally.  Just saw tim rebound a miss under the basket and instead of dunking he passed out for a three from Udrih...???  not sure why he did that, the Spurs are playing like it's THEM that are down 3-0....looks like we may not get our sweep after all.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 10:11:21 PM »
great game and major props to the Suns, tey played hard and came back to finish in the end.  I think this is ok, although i would have liked the sweep.  I think it helps out though that we are going longer in the playoffs - i still feel we will win this series - but i think the Spurs have done well in the playoffs because there was never a lot of time in between each series, so for them to have soo much time before the finals, I think that would not be such a good thing for our team, I think we need to be warm going in so if it takes another game or a few more games I think thats ok going into the finals.  This was a hell of a game though, the two three in the fourth really were awesome to cut the lead, and the Suns really held thier own this time around.  The Suns really got a hell of a team if they can keep it together, as far as this year goes though, I gotta say the Spurs will bounce back.  let them look at the tape and see how they didnt man up as well as they should have, the pick and roll killed them again, and phoenix did a better job of closing the middle and keeping tim out from posting up closer to the hoop.  Pop will come up with some good adjustments for the guys, so lets see if we can take them down in the valley of the sun.  great game, again - not the boring style of play people would expect to see in a Spurs game.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

rickortreat

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 10:56:17 PM »
Great win by the Suns who now realize they CAN play with and BEAT the Spurs.  The Suns have their backs to the wall in this series and it's hard to believe that they could come back to win the series, but it is possible.

This was a real gut-check for the Suns.  They had ample opportunity to fold as the Spurs came at them again and again, but this time, they had an answer for every great play the Spurs made.  

I said that Marion and Richardson needed to step up and they did.  That shot by Joe Johnson to break down Bruce Bowen was huge.  Performance under pressure.

This gives the Suns a huge pschological lift, and makes the Spurs wonder about whether or not they will win the series.  I think the Suns will carry over the momentum of this game and win game 5 in Phoenix.  The Spurs should do everything possible to stop this from happening, as another win by the Suns will cause them to belive that they can take the series away.

The complexion of the series changes now that Phoenix won with a more balanced attack.  It wasn't just Nash and Stoudemire this time around.  When the Suns are clicking on all cylinders they're a hard team to beat, and the pace of the last two games favors the Suns.  

It would be going way out on a limb to say the Spurs are in trouble yet.  They won't be in trouble unless the Suns win the next two and force a game 7 in Phoenix.  What I will say is this series isn't over yet, and we've got some great intense basketball to watch with both series in contention.

I picked the Suns and the Heat to make the finals, and it's still possible.  Watch the Heat clobber the Pistons again on Tuesday in Detroit.  I'm glad to see some good ball games not marred by the refs, who have done a much better job in the last few games than earlier in the playoffs.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 02:19:24 AM »
What the ___ happened in the 3rd qtr?
Gamewise 11-23 FTs with Dunker reverting to Hack a Duncan :huh:
Joe Johnson definitely a big help compared to Qbert Richardson.

I saw the entire 1st half live.  Loved the playsbefore halftime, esp GNob and Bob
Horry combining for the steal and 3bie.  Spurs up 59-54.

Got home ran tape back to final minute.

Bullstink.  Spurs fight back to 107-106 on a beauty ball movement 3 pter by Bowen.  Spurs D up big time.  Hairy MVP is falling out of bounds and barely gets a pass off as Duncan is right on him.  But it reaches Stoudamire in the key.  Parker is right on him.  Bryantmire turns and bulls to the hoop as usual.  Forearm and shoves Parker in an obvious offensive foul.  But Parker flops to accentuate and Hubie Brown thinks it did no good.  I agree.  Count the bogus bucket.  109-106.

33 tics Spurs ball.  Another beauty drive n dish from GNob to Dunker.  As Dunker elevates for the slam, Nash intentionally shoves him from behind.  I think it threw off Dunkers aim just enought to let Stoudamire get a lucky *block*.  Boooooo!

"We are sad, we are angry," said Manu Ginobili, who led the Spurs with 28 points. "But this series continues and we are in great shape. The goal is to go to the Finals, not to sweep them."

I hope they channel that anger to the Suns in Game 5.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 02:26:23 AM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 08:42:15 AM »
First off, ricko just gave his quote/unquote rationale for the Suns making this a series, that IMO is the kiss of death for the Suns.  ;)

Awesome game by the Suns.  Timmy was playing like a big milk-money wuss, excellent ULTRACLEAN big boy block by Amare on Tims dunk attempt.  Try that on a man like Shaq and Amare will end up with a broken hand.

I think the Suns go off on game 5 and run the Spurs out of the building but the Spurs will end the series in 6 at home.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_spursfan101

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 09:03:41 AM »
Great block at the end, and nice finish off that milky pass from Nash. Keep in mind, Suns play 2 out 3 at home now, tide could change.

Best part of the game, not sure if anybody w/o TIVO caught it, was when the 2 buxom women behind Hubie Brown started messing around and grabbing each others boobs!  FUNNY!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 02:41:59 PM »
Phoenix played thier tails off and got tough for a change, in order to win they are going to have to clamp down for the next 4 games - I dont see it happenning.  the spurs need to try and get thier free throw attempts to fall in game 5 for startes, tony and manu need to keep trying to drive it inside - even if you cant make it to the hoop - DRIVE!  Try to get them in foul trouble.  and Pop needs to tell the guys to man-up more.  the spurs looked tired trying to get to thier man in the third and in the early forth quarter.  stay in front of the suns to keep them playing half court and keep them from getting the easy fast breaks.  oh yeah, and protect the boards.  None of these things seems to hard for the Spurs to handle.  I just DONT see phoenix coming back 4 game straight.  Yeah the red sox did it - that's cool, it doesn't mean the Suns will do it.  Best offense or not, I still believe the Spurs are the better team overall.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 02:43:12 PM »
Great block at the end, and nice finish off that milky pass from Nash. Keep in mind, Suns play 2 out 3 at home now, tide could change.

Best part of the game, not sure if anybody w/o TIVO caught it, was when the 2 buxom women behind Hubie Brown started messing around and grabbing each others boobs!  FUNNY!
...... :eek2:

umm reality you still got that game on tape????

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :hail:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 02:43:24 PM by SPURSX3 »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 11:15:22 PM »

umm reality you still got that game on tape????

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :hail:
Nash pushed.  Never said a word about Stoudamire getting anything but all ball.

Sure do still have the tape.  Fresh coffee also.

In fact I'm glad you had me review it.  Stouds hand is definitely inside the cylinder on the block.  I know Tim Dunker doesn't miss dunks for a reason.

Beyond that, props to Stoudamire for getting up in the air in a hurry.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 07:45:57 PM by Reality »