Author Topic: Playoff Picks Weekend  (Read 2406 times)

AccuStats

Playoff Picks Weekend
« on: May 26, 2005, 01:37:47 AM »
Saturday, May 28
Phoenix at San Antonio

Sunday, May 29
Miami at Detroit

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Playoff Picks Weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 08:02:26 AM »
San Antonio (I smell a sweep, or at least only 5 games)

Detroit
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Picks Weekend
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 08:51:35 AM »
SAS

Det
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Picks Weekend
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 09:05:37 AM »
Saturday:

Phoenix Suns

Sunday:

Miami Heat
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

rickortreat

Playoff Picks Weekend
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 04:29:59 PM »
Suns - D'antoni will figure out a way.  The Spurs can't stop the Suns from scoring, it's simply a matter of the Suns continuing to play during crunch time, to prevent the Spurs from outscoring them.

Heat

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Picks Weekend
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 04:35:16 PM »
Suns - D'antoni will figure out a way.  The Spurs can't stop the Suns from scoring, it's simply a matter of the Suns continuing to play during crunch time, to prevent the Spurs from outscoring them.

Heat
rick - on the suns - very true about D'Antoni, just keep in mind that this coach will say the suns need to do everything BUT play defense.  that's what bothers me about him, it's like he won't utter the word "defense" because it's like saying his system that got them thier is flawed.  I have no doubt that phoeninx can win here,  we have the best home record in the league this year, I think, and we play strong D, so i am picking the spurs to close this out at home.  Hope I am right.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Picks Weekend
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 06:25:47 AM »
Spurs. For those about to rock.........

Det

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Playoff Picks Weekend
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 08:33:41 AM »
Spurs
Heat

rickortreat

Playoff Picks Weekend
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 01:40:13 PM »
I'm not so sure that D'antoni doesn't believe in defense, it's simply that he places his emphasis on offense.  With a team that can score like the Suns, that's not a bad regular season philosophy, but against a strong playoff team like the Spurs, it can be a fatal flaw.

The truth is, the Spurs played some great offense in both of the games in Phoenix- much better than I thought they were capable of.  So much of the time, the Spurs rely on Duncan for their scoring, with the other players basically afterthoughts.  But Genobli and Parker are both great finshers and passers, and Nazr Muhammmed gives them great rebounding support and easy second chance shots, not to mention a few easy looks when the other team forgets about him.

It's very hard to prepare to play defense against a team that is so dynamically offensive.  Genobli doesn't even know what he's going to do before he does it.  How can you defend against that!?

The Suns can win more easilly by continuing to score and make the Spurs defend them.  Anytime the Suns stop scoring, the Spurs either catch up or open up a lead.  This places great pressure on the Sunse to keep scoring possession after possession, against a team that makes it very hard to score consistently.  

But Nash and Stoudemire are unstoppable.  All they really need is for Marion and Richardson to kick it up a notch.  The Spurs are lucky the Joe Johnson isn't available to help spread the floor.  Jimmy Jackson is a decent player, but the Suns really need that outside shooting to fatigue the Spurs defense.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Playoff Picks Weekend
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 06:30:57 PM »
Spurs

Detroit
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_spursfan101

Playoff Picks Weekend
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2005, 02:18:05 PM »
Phoenix, I smell a letdown for the Spurs this game, they are feeling awfully comfortable right now.

I'll go against the tide, and pick Miami to win.

It will be a Detroit Spurs Finals though, no doubt.