Author Topic: We Rule II  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
We Rule II
« on: May 24, 2005, 11:33:25 PM »
:hail:
I'll be back.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
We Rule II
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 09:03:06 AM »
Just curious...who is 'we'  couldnt quite possibly mean all the die-hard Spurs fans.

Few comments:

Horry did a great job of flopping on two seperate plays last night.  First one being where Amare tried to wrestle the ball free then let go and Horry went flying.  Granted he did shove a bit but Horry shot himself half way down the court.  The second flop comming from Amare taking it straigh to Horry's chest.  The look he gave when he was getting up was classic.

With as good as the Spurs defense was last night they still have yet to figure out that Nash and Amare play a 2 man game for pretty much the whole last part of the game.  Nash drives, bounce pass to Amare, layup or dunk.  They ran this play oh say 10000 times last night.

Nazr is really helping Duncan stay fresh and do his thing.  A number of times last night Duncan was able to go out and Nazr was  hitting the boards and altering shots.  Really he could have stayed sitting longer as Nazr was playing solid but of course the game was too important to let Duncan sit out any longer than he needed too.

Gotta love the Spurs putting money in my pockets.  I bet on them again last night and came home 20 bucks richer.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 09:04:43 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
We Rule II
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 11:06:45 AM »
Just curious...who is 'we'  couldnt quite possibly mean all the die-hard Spurs fans.

Few comments:

Horry did a great job of flopping on two seperate plays last night.  First one being where Amare tried to wrestle the ball free then let go and Horry went flying.  Granted he did shove a bit but Horry shot himself half way down the court.  The second flop comming from Amare taking it straigh to Horry's chest.  The look he gave when he was getting up was classic.

With as good as the Spurs defense was last night they still have yet to figure out that Nash and Amare play a 2 man game for pretty much the whole last part of the game.  Nash drives, bounce pass to Amare, layup or dunk.  They ran this play oh say 10000 times last night.

Nazr is really helping Duncan stay fresh and do his thing.  A number of times last night Duncan was able to go out and Nazr was  hitting the boards and altering shots.  Really he could have stayed sitting longer as Nazr was playing solid but of course the game was too important to let Duncan sit out any longer than he needed too.

Gotta love the Spurs putting money in my pockets.  I bet on them again last night and came home 20 bucks richer.
Good game last night, I want even expecting to win last night to be honest_ i thought for sure the Suns would come back and win- but hey, I willl take the "w".

You gotta love the behind-the-back-up-and-in by Manu, I saw that and was like, "did he just go behind the back???"  and then the ESPN guys started gushing over it.  Cracked me up.  I loved the poise the Spurs showed last night, Tim went out with four fouls and Phoenix started scoring on us but San Antonio held thier own and still went into the fourth down by 5 (they were down by 4 going into the fourth in game 1), so i was expecting the suns to come out blazing this time around - NOPE.  SA played through it even with Tim in foul trouble they pulled into the lead smooth and cool.  Getting the win was great, now may D'Antoni can finally admit that his team needs to learn to play some freaking defense.  He has said it was about energy, then it was they had to play like it was do or die - how about just saying they need to play DEFENSE???  dont get me wrong, the guy is great with the "O's" but they have NO interior D - none!  they cant beat us with nobody inside to intimidate or to take the charge or to block etc.  Phoenix can beat us at home, I will give them that - I just dont see that happenning...let's see if the Spurs can give us sweep of the suns this year.   :cheers:

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
We Rule II
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 11:29:53 AM »
Where do we start.   Spurs as a team clearing the D boards.  One chance most of the time for the Sunsies.  :hail: Bob Horry on both ends of the floor.  Tim Dunkers FT shooting is n-o-t a small matter in the two wins.  Like 28-30 combined.  GNob i will continue to offer taped sessions to any who have yet to view him as an excellent NBA player, one of the top guards.  Purple n Gold Koubee fog clearing is included in my seminar price.  Altho we are going for quality, not quantity, many have seen the light.

Nazr played his role fantasstically.  Most pleased with 1st half play where he got the O rebound far away from the hoop, well for him that is.  Like 10-12 feet away with back to basket.  He looked around trying to pass out to the perimeter Spurs.  They looked back at him like, "don't throw it to us, you got Stoudamire one on one, you can play some O, go for it."  He pounds the ball a couple times gets a schooche closer but still like 10 feet out.  Stoudamire is on him closely, so he fakes one way, goes the other way, does a turnaround fadeaway.  Swish.  I love it!

Ditto his steals.  He must have had 4 that were all momentum takers from the Suns.  Loved how he swatted low and got the ball but avoided the foul.

Suns are definitely capable of winning two in SA.  In the last 5 minutes Nash several times came across half court and did the Kobe 14 dribbles then HansSolo shot.  A couple fell, but several missed and left Phx with no chance for the rebound.  Don't know why Nash did that.  

Stoudamire gets papmered aplenty by the refs.  Many of his double pump 1 foot under the hoop shots, the spurs are doing a fantastic job of laying off as he goes up.  Tweet!  2+1 or 2 shots when he misses.  Yes Horry flopped along with Bryantmeyers push.  He should have never pushed, it was obvious, ref was one foot away.  Not to mention he obviously traveled on the play.  One step then a bunny hop where he landed on one foot then the other.  Dat be a travel. 1+1+1 = 3.

Xs3 won't it be a Hoot if arsehole Sterns forcing the Spurs series to start in half the rest time of his longtime idol Shaq backfires.  The Spurs advance well before end before the other series? :nod:  Don't get me wrong, i'll take a 4-3 Spurs win.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 11:32:37 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
We Rule II
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 11:31:38 AM »
x3, if ANYONE needs to play some defense it is Nash.  Ok so hes the first player ever to have 25 and 10 in 4 straight games, very impressive.  Ok so he single handly killed the Spurs defense (Q with his moronic 3 shot down their chances to win).  Where is the defense on Tony Parker?  If Tony wasnt able to go and do what he wants Im sure the Suns would at least have tied the series.  Both games were pretty close for the most part.  There is nothing they can do about Tim or Manu but Parker can be slowed down.  Parker had back to back plays where he just beat Nash off the dribble and got 2 easy layups down the stretch....PLAY FRICKIN DEFENSE ON EM!!!

Watching this game last night reminds me  exactly why I love playoff basketball.  I live for it.  Great game and very very entertaining.  Watching the two best power forwards in the game with two completely different playing styles do their thing was awesome to say the least.

Manu behind the back to seal the deal  :eek2:  :eek2:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 11:36:13 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
We Rule II
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 01:18:31 PM »
My my my, the skies must be sunny in SA.  (fair weather reference)

I've got alot of money ridding on the Spurs this year.  I was not to please with a few plays down the stretch.  First I was very mad at Milk Money.  He had 4 fouls then gets his fifth by going for a cross-chest steal from Nash.  Come on Timmy, you're not going to steal the ball from Nash like that, stupid foul.  Then two possesions later he's isolated at the THREE point line on Nash.  Nash dribbles by him and AGAIN Timmilk goes for the reach in steal to have Nash do a behind the back to Amare who's right at the rim and Timmy nearly fouls Amare as well.  COME ON, the Spurs need to help a bit better on the switch and trap instead of leaving Tim high and dry gaurding Nash 20 feet from the basket.  An Timmy, STOP reaching!

I was also a little peeved a Manu's shot selection, yes he made them but I was like "no, no, NO...YES!".  You cannot take those kinds of shots with the game on the line, run the offense FIRST, if it doesn't materialize then go into your one-on-one Manu syle of play.  Manu is getting pretty good, if he ever learns to control himself and play some defense, watch out, the Spurs would have a top notch one-two-punch.

I was very pleased with Nazr and Horry's play.  Nazr was extreemely active under the glass, he was challenging almost every shot at the rim, excellent game from the guy.  Isiah Thomas is a moron!  Horry was Horry, big shot Rob was knocking them down and really messing with Amare's head.  I kept thinking after every Horry play that some of the Suns have terrible memories because Horry's been doing that for years, this is the first time in three years Horry hasn't been burnt out by playoff time and he's doing what he does.  Great to see Horry play the way he's playing!

It's a great series to watch, hope it goes longer than 4 games, but I won't complain if it doesn't.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"