Author Topic: Pistons lose identity  (Read 721 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons lose identity
« on: May 14, 2005, 09:38:47 AM »
Indy blows a 17 point lead and the Pistons take a 72-71 lead with bout 2 minutes to go.  From there I saw the Pistons do the most fundamentally flawed bullstink possible.  This is NOT the same team of a year ago.

Sheed throws up an entirely unneccessary 3pter.  Its an airball by 2 feet, yet running up court he is smiling ala FailBlazer days.  Reggie Miller has been abysmal, the type of game where you want him to continue forcing up shots.
Instead, Rip Hamilton does an intentional foul when Miller didn't even have the ball and was not about to recieve it. :crazy:   Oh yeah, lets give Miller two FTs to get him back in the groove. :drunk:   Another missed 3 by Sheed (again had plenty of room to drive), another intentional fouling of Miller.  Two more FTs.  

There was much more, if you didnt see it then nevermind.

Postgame Larry Brown whining about the call on Rip holding Millers jersey?  And the no call on Hunters wussy flop attempt on Millers final 3?  He did push off, but not nearly as badly as I've seen him push off.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 09:39:23 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Pistons lose identity
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 11:01:05 AM »
Im so glad you saw it as a flop too Reality.  I watched it on TiVO and Hunter was clearly already falling back before Reggie's elbow came out.  To top it off his arm is the size of a toothpick...do you think Hunter (who has a lower center of gravity and more muscles) is going to go flying like that?  Good no call IMO.  Larry Brown was complaining about letting the players decide the game and that is exactly what happend.  Flopping in the last second of the game is pathetic to say the least.  Kinda like how Detroit played all night.

As for the Rip holding comment  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:   Rip really thought he should have gotten away with clearly pulling Reggie's jersey.  You could see it from the top of the damn building!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com