Author Topic: OT: Friggin Idiots  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
OT: Friggin Idiots
« on: May 06, 2005, 02:31:28 PM »
When an e-mail tells you that you have won tickets to the world cup, HOW DUMB TO YOU HAVE TO BE TO OPEN IT?!?!?!

Guest_Randy

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 03:04:46 PM »
I'm just glad that I didn't give my bank account information to the guy from overseas who wanted to give me 15% of millions of dollars just for allowing him to launder money through my account!!!

Do people REALLY do this?

I once did an undercover piece for a local TV show while I was in Vegas.  There was a guy who was bilking people out of their homes -- he sent them a letter stating that he had a relative moving into the area, that he liked your place and he was willing to give you X amount (the value of your house plus 20% -- he had done his homework).  Gave you his number to contact him.  I had a friend who worked for the real estate commission for Nevada so I contacted him and he knew the Newstation was doing an investigation.  Anyway, to make a long story straight, they wired him with a wireless microphone and a small camera in my brief case and I went and met with him.  It was obviously a scam but he actually had people sign over titles (deeds) to their property (however, the lien was still in the original owners name).  This guy actually managed to buy a piece of property and then sell it to someone else before the lien company could move in to stop him.  It was pretty bad -- but this guy really ruined some people.  He wanted you to sign over the lien while telling you that he would keep making the payments (obviously he didn't -- but by the time they found out, they were already months behind and he had already taken a second lien out  on the property).  

Some people really are suckers!  Umm, if it's too good to be true -- it probably is!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 11:10:15 AM »
When an e-mail tells you that you have won tickets to the world cup, HOW DUMB TO YOU HAVE TO BE TO OPEN IT?!?!?!

Youd be suprised about the kind of calls I get every once in a while when those kinds of emails come thru.  For example the head of our marketing department calls me up and says 'I just recieved an email from World Trust Bank and it is saying that they need to update their servers so I need to email them back my information.  Should I do this?  I am not sure if they are my bank.  I entered my information but wanted to check with you before I hit send'   :bash:  :bash:  :bash:  :bash:  Everyone that works in our office and pretty much company wide has Wells Fargo.  I know she has Wells Fargo but she doesnt :lol:

Really I wish people at work would stop clicking banners telling them they won a free car, ipod, or vacation too.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 11:13:50 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com