Author Topic: Shaqs injury status  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaqs injury status
« on: May 17, 2005, 10:30:38 AM »
Little bit horse ahead of cart here but....

Is Shraqs thigh going to be an issue well past Gm 1 Round 3?

If he is at best 75% are you penciling in the Pacers/Pistons to Beat the Heat?
Or will Zo's new lease on life (kidney donated) allow him to continue to play excellently and the Heat continue on.  Wade can't do it alone?  How about Wade-Zo.

Zo's block to end the Wiz in Game 4 was sweet.  Sidepoint, which Wiz was that out of bounds on?  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaqs injury status
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 11:01:41 AM »
Little bit horse ahead of cart here but....

Is Shraqs thigh going to be an issue well past Gm 1 Round 3?

If he is at best 75% are you penciling in the Pacers/Pistons to Beat the Heat?
Or will Zo's new lease on life (kidney donated) allow him to continue to play excellently and the Heat continue on.  Wade can't do it alone?  How about Wade-Zo.

Zo's block to end the Wiz in Game 4 was sweet.  Sidepoint, which Wiz was that out of bounds on?
Shaq, mr. diesel, the best football player to play pro basketball, superman......is not sidelined this long because of getting hit in the thigh.

Something else is wrong with Shaq and this 'thigh' problem is only to hide the fact that he needs some rest to continue to play at a high level in the playoffs.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 11:01:58 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shaqs injury status
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 11:51:54 AM »
If Shaq is unable to return, than I believe Miami is very vulnerable to Detroit.  Alonzo has played well but let's keep things in perspective.  I think Wade would have to contine his 30+ points (at his present absolute torrid FG%), and his 7+ assists and boards to give Miami any kind of shot without Shaq in the lineup.    
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaqs injury status
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 01:18:12 PM »
If Shaq is unable to return, than I believe Miami is very vulnerable to Detroit.  Alonzo has played well but let's keep things in perspective.  I think Wade would have to contine his 30+ points (at his present absolute torrid FG%), and his 7+ assists and boards to give Miami any kind of shot without Shaq in the lineup.
With as poor as Detroit has been playing for a team that is the defending champs...I would say they have a decent shot with Shaq playing limited minutes.  Without him?  Wade would have to step his game up to another level and with the way hes playing that doesnt seem possible, hes already playing awesome.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

Shaqs injury status
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 01:43:36 PM »
Detroit plays MUCH better defense than Washington does.  They really need Shaq to help open up Wade's game.  

I think Miami could make a good series with Detroit without Shaq -- with Shaq, Miami sweeps, IMO.  

I have to agree with wk on Shaq's injury -- even when it happened, I went "hmmmm."  IMO, this injury is either:  1) Shaq is hurt and hurt bad, or 2) Miami wanted to allow Shaq some rest to get healthy for a real drive at a NBA championship -- and they were willing to see how well Miami would do with the Big Guy.  If door #2 is correct, then Miami is REALLY pumped going down the stretch -- if it's door #1, then Miami HAS to be VERY concerned right now because without Shaq, they just can't beat whoever comes out of the West -- with Him I think they can.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaqs injury status
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 10:17:33 AM »
Shaq is going to get at least 9, as many as 11 days off!

How fortunate have the Heat been to have both their series end in 4 while the others go 6 or 7?