Author Topic: Disgusting NBA marketing....  (Read 934 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Disgusting NBA marketing....
« on: May 14, 2005, 11:04:01 AM »
"Wade's best skill is the fact that he doesnt mind being the big fellas number 2"

I know you all have seen this commercial.  Anyone else see that as a slap to the face of Wade?  His best skill is that he is a play maker not because he doesnt have a problem being robin.  I almost feel like this guy doesnt get the amount of credit he should from certain people and now it looks like the league also.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 11:04:29 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

rickortreat

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 12:14:36 PM »
It's a stupid way of thinking.

What does it mean, it's this guys team or that guys?  It's a team game, and no one player can win it by himself.  Even Wilt Chamberlain needed other good players around him to win, and he scored a 100 points by himself once.

This is a product of stupid broadcasters and a fallout of the NBA highlighting the talent of it's stars.  The sad thing is that the game has deteriorated so much.  No one knows how to coach anymore and the players come out of school not knowing how to play.

We get to watch teams like Washington with no concept of how to play the game.  And we get to watch teams where there's only one or two who can really play.  

Why is it good that Wade is a team player and Shaq gets to be the "man".  O'Neal has too fat a head anyway, so why does the NBA have to kiss his ass!?  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 12:50:39 PM »
It's a stupid way of thinking.

What does it mean, it's this guys team or that guys?  It's a team game, and no one player can win it by himself.  Even Wilt Chamberlain needed other good players around him to win, and he scored a 100 points by himself once.

This is a product of stupid broadcasters and a fallout of the NBA highlighting the talent of it's stars.  The sad thing is that the game has deteriorated so much.  No one knows how to coach anymore and the players come out of school not knowing how to play.

We get to watch teams like Washington with no concept of how to play the game.  And we get to watch teams where there's only one or two who can really play. 

Why is it good that Wade is a team player and Shaq gets to be the "man".  O'Neal has too fat a head anyway, so why does the NBA have to kiss his ass!?
My problem is why are they highlighting the fact that he doesnt mind being robin as the thing he does best?  That is not his best quality.  His best quality is that he makes his teammates better and can takeover the game if he needs to.  Not just a player who lets Shaq flex his ego.    Wade was playing well last year in the playoffs without Shaq and hes playing well this year with Shaq either not in or playing very limited minutes.  How much trouble would Shaq be in if Wade wasnt able to pick apart all these team's perimeter defense?

Knowing Shaq should be the focus is a no brainer...there is only one player who wasnt able to see because his ego blocked his view.  Why not say 'Wade's best quality is that he is a play maker (or star) on the big stage'?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 12:53:16 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 03:51:53 PM »
The question that should be asked, at this point, is could Miami win without Wade.  It's obvious they can win without Shaq (although they can't win it all without BOTH of these players).

Remember everyone saying that without Shaq, Miami is just a pretender?  Like that isn't the case for SA without TD, for Phoenix without Nash (or Stoudamire), for Houston without TMac, for Dallas without Dirk, etc., etc., etc.  I hear everyone talk about how Miami is just such a weak team without Shaq -- then I see Miami win without Shaq, hmmmmm.