Author Topic: Sweet  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Sweet
« on: May 03, 2005, 02:02:57 AM »
Spurs deserved that one.

When MellowPamper fell down untouched to foul out Dunker that was too much.  :rofl:  :rofl:

X3 did you see Tony Parker D-ing up MellowPamper one on one in OT?  Followed by Manu swatting his shot attempt.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Sweet
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 08:05:00 AM »
Deserved?  Did they deserve to get lucky with that Boykins "2 pt shot?"

Imagine if the lakers had gotten that call.  The fix machine would be in full swing.

Guest_Randy

Sweet
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 08:19:11 AM »
I laughed when Manu should have picked up his 3rd foul in the first half but they assessed it to Horry to keep Manu on the floor.  

This series has been a WHOLE lot tougher for the Spurs than I thought it would be.  Parker finally showed up for the series but so did Boykins.  TD still doesn't look like himself yet and the Sonics are a better team than the Nuggets are, IMO.  I know TD had a good offensive game last night but does he still look 1/2 a step slower to anyone else?  I mean, TD at 80% is better than most guys in the league at 100% but the Spurs need him to look sharp.  

The Spurs need to wake up and start executing their gameplan because they don't look in sync at this point.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Sweet
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 08:47:04 AM »
I didn't watch the whole game but the 10-15 minutes I did watch looked like the refs were trying to keep the Nuggets in the game.  It sucked.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Sweet
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 08:51:48 AM »
Too bad the Spurs wont get to play one of the Texas teams.  Really would give Duncan the rest he needs to get above the 80% mark.

I missed the game completely last night, so no comment from me =/
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Sweet
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 09:53:04 AM »
I laughed when Manu should have picked up his 3rd foul in the first half but they assessed it to Horry to keep Manu on the floor.  

This series has been a WHOLE lot tougher for the Spurs than I thought it would be.  Parker finally showed up for the series but so did Boykins.  TD still doesn't look like himself yet and the Sonics are a better team than the Nuggets are, IMO.  I know TD had a good offensive game last night but does he still look 1/2 a step slower to anyone else?  I mean, TD at 80% is better than most guys in the league at 100% but the Spurs need him to look sharp.  

The Spurs need to wake up and start executing their gameplan because they don't look in sync at this point.
Randy - not 100% and he managed to score 39 points???   :eek2:

the third quarter was horrible for both teams, the refs needed to let them play through and whistled EVERY trip up and down the court.  both teams had stupid whistles blown on them - and yes, carmelo sliding on the floor to get tim ejected was the biggest mistake of the night.  but it was nice to see time not lose his cool and just take command from the side line.  Tony lighting it up in the fourth was cool too.  I figured it would happen, they shut down manu and tim and tony turn it on for us.

Yeah, I am worried about seattle, they have given us more trouble than any other team in the west this year.  not so much when forston was injured, bt now that he is healthy, he takes up a lot of room in the middle and can really rebound well.  i trust bruce can shut down ray allen, the key to winning against seattle if we play them is to control the boards on both ends, if we can do that then we can beat them.  its not going to be a cake walk at all for us in the playoffs this season.  teams are really stepping up.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Sweet
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 10:18:42 AM »
Deserved?  Did they deserve to get lucky with that Boykins "2 pt shot?"

Imagine if the lakers had gotten that call.  The fix machine would be in full swing.
Since KMart bowled over Manu to get the loose ball over to Muchkin for the 3 pter you could say it was lucky.  No comparison to the Mellow foot slipper tho.  

But the game had lots of bad calls.  3pt line calls and out of bounds calls should be handled by off the court support people.  Too many burdens put on refs, esp in a wide open game like this one.

Now as to the laker comparison, well true the Nuggets did get nearly 50 FTAs in a swing game.  But you need 28 in a 4th qtr be approaching Laker Winnin status.

X3 did you also catch Rasho stealing the ball from Munchkin? :up:  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Sweet
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 10:38:53 AM »
Deserved?  Did they deserve to get lucky with that Boykins "2 pt shot?"

Imagine if the lakers had gotten that call.  The fix machine would be in full swing.
Since KMart bowled over Manu to get the loose ball over to Muchkin for the 3 pter you could say it was lucky.  No comparison to the Mellow foot slipper tho.  

But the game had lots of bad calls.  3pt line calls and out of bounds calls should be handled by off the court support people.  Too many burdens put on refs, esp in a wide open game like this one.

Now as to the laker comparison, well true the Nuggets did get nearly 50 FTAs in a swing game.  But you need 28 in a 4th qtr be approaching Laker Winnin status.

X3 did you also catch Rasho stealing the ball from Munchkin? :up:
missed rasho stealin the ball from boykins...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Sweet
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 11:17:54 AM »
Positives:

:hail: Team foul shooting in stretch.  22-23 or somesuch.

:up: Dunker regaining form, even if not 100%.

:up: Team D

Beno rocks off the bench.  

Parker overcoming effects of Evas perfume.  Fantastic late and OT.

Big Dog not only hit a 3, but had some good D.  (not a misprint)

Rasho gave solid minutes.

Negs/need improvements:

End of qtr-end of half letdowns.  Very disturbing.  I wanted to kick Parker in the butt when with 3.8 seconds left Denver inbounds he gave Munchin 30 feet of operating room to catch the inbounds pass.  Pop was up screaming saying get up close.  Instead Munch gets a running start, passes halfcourt and keeps going with Parker in the dust for that under the hoop wooptie doo shot on Duncan.  Fantastic shot.  Should have never come close to getting the attempt.  Parker should have shadowed him upon the inbounds.  That alone would have gobbled up a second or two.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Sweet
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 12:07:41 PM »
Big Dog not only hit a 3, but had some good D.  (not a misprint)
I was very impressed with his effort on Carmelo.

Interesting how some players bring teams down while on the flip side, some teams lift players up.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Sweet
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 12:21:10 PM »
Big Dog not only hit a 3, but had some good D.  (not a misprint)
I was very impressed with his effort on Carmelo.

Interesting how some players bring teams down while on the flip side, some teams lift players up.
with exception of Samaki Walker of course.....I dont think any team could have helped him.... :cheers:  :rofl:  

sf101

Sweet
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 09:51:35 PM »
IF that 3 pointer would have counted, it would have been a whole different story. On the flipside, Boykins driving layup at halftime was great, but it really was a major travel, guy's so fast, it's hard to tell, but it seems like he took at least 3 steps.

Felt SA held the composure, and it was only a matter of time for the inexperience of the Nuggets to come out. They are talented, but they are hotheaded, and it finally caught up with them.

Manu just amazes more and more every game.

And with regards to the Rockets series....DUDE, they were completly robbed!!!!!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Sweet
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 10:39:46 PM »
IF that 3 pointer would have counted, it would have been a whole different story. On the flipside, Boykins driving layup at halftime was great, but it really was a major travel, guy's so fast, it's hard to tell, but it seems like he took at least 3 steps.

Felt SA held the composure, and it was only a matter of time for the inexperience of the Nuggets to come out. They are talented, but they are hotheaded, and it finally caught up with them.

101???

:eek3:  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Sweet
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2005, 11:03:14 PM »

101???

:eek3:
101 crawls out of his cave every few nights to communicate with the rest of his Spurs Extremists hiding in the Texas hill country, he wears the Spurs head wrap and now sports a long bushy beard....Osama only wishes he had 101's skills in hiding... :crazy: