Author Topic: Cavs fire Paxson  (Read 1321 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Cavs fire Paxson
« on: April 21, 2005, 04:03:10 PM »
Wait a minute....first this new Owner fires Silas and pisses off the King, now he goes and blames PAXSON for the FALL!!!!!?  no way.  something tells me anything short of Phil Jackson and the King forces a trade or walks come next contract signing.  Now what are the chances Phil would ever waste his time in freaking Cleveland???  NIL.  IMO, this owner messed up pretty bad.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Cavs fire Paxson
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 04:10:36 PM »
Wait a minute....first this new Owner fires Silas and pisses off the King, now he goes and blames PAXSON for the FALL!!!!!?  no way.  something tells me anything short of Phil Jackson and the King forces a trade or walks come next contract signing.  Now what are the chances Phil would ever waste his time in freaking Cleveland???  NIL.  IMO, this owner messed up pretty bad.
Fire the GM for not being able to get the right pieces to build around Lebron.  At least someone directly connected to the problems.  Its not like this GM got Lebron...the pick was handed to em and the choice was a no brainer.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Cavs fire Paxson
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 04:15:40 PM »
Wait a minute....first this new Owner fires Silas and pisses off the King, now he goes and blames PAXSON for the FALL!!!!!?  no way.  something tells me anything short of Phil Jackson and the King forces a trade or walks come next contract signing.  Now what are the chances Phil would ever waste his time in freaking Cleveland???  NIL.  IMO, this owner messed up pretty bad.
Fire the GM for not being able to get the right pieces to build around Lebron.  At least someone directly connected to the problems.  Its not like this GM got Lebron...the pick was handed to em and the choice was a no brainer.
I dont know WK, the cavs were 4th in playoff seeding before the fall and after silas was gone they really tumbled....I dont asee this as right IMO.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Cavs fire Paxson
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 04:30:15 PM »
Wait a minute....first this new Owner fires Silas and pisses off the King, now he goes and blames PAXSON for the FALL!!!!!?  no way.  something tells me anything short of Phil Jackson and the King forces a trade or walks come next contract signing.  Now what are the chances Phil would ever waste his time in freaking Cleveland???  NIL.  IMO, this owner messed up pretty bad.
I dont know WK, the cavs were 4th in playoff seeding before the fall and after silas was gone they really tumbled....I dont asee this as right IMO.
It is obvious that the team doesnt have the right players to compliment Lebron.  Would that not fall into the GMs lap somehow?  IMO the team actually went from a joke and a half to a team that looked like it could be a solid team out east under Silas.  They hit a road bump and stumbled, like every young team does.  What you do is let them play thru it and see how they respond.  Making drastic changes for instant gradification isnt going to do anything.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Cavs fire Paxson
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 04:57:43 PM »
It is obvious that the team doesnt have the right players to compliment Lebron.  Would that not fall into the GMs lap somehow?  IMO the team actually went from a joke and a half to a team that looked like it could be a solid team out east under Silas.  They hit a road bump and stumbled, like every young team does.  What you do is let them play thru it and see how they respond.  Making drastic changes for instant gradification isnt going to do anything.
Was it Paxsons decision to fire Silas?  My understanding i sthat the decision came from the owner, which Lebron was not very happy with after that - thats why i blame the owner.  Silas should have stayed coach.  atleast they were turning things around.  

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Cavs fire Paxson
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 04:58:38 PM »
Paxson was a BAD GM, VERY BAD.  He deserved to get canned.  Silas on the other hand, now he got a raw deal.  That franchise is all screwed up, and I fully expect Lebron to walk in a few years.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Guest_Randy

Cavs fire Paxson
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 05:08:56 PM »
Hmm, doesn't anyone else see the connection to the fall of the Cavs being directly tied to the health of Ilgauskas?  The Cavs were having a GREAT season when he was healthy -- when his health started failing (yeah, like THAT is a big surprise) there went the Cavs.  Ilgauskas is a good center when he is healthy -- when he isn't the Cavs are in trouble.

I never liked Paxson as a GM -- he has made stupid decisions in the past but nobody was stupid enough to pass on LeBron (duh, he would have been strung up just for even THINKING about it).

Silas was given the raw deal -- but no more than Flip Saunders so it looks like stupidity is alive and rampant in the NBA!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Cavs fire Paxson
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 05:45:17 PM »
Hmm, doesn't anyone else see the connection to the fall of the Cavs being directly tied to the health of Ilgauskas?  The Cavs were having a GREAT season when he was healthy -- when his health started failing (yeah, like THAT is a big surprise) there went the Cavs.  Ilgauskas is a good center when he is healthy -- when he isn't the Cavs are in trouble.

I never liked Paxson as a GM -- he has made stupid decisions in the past but nobody was stupid enough to pass on LeBron (duh, he would have been strung up just for even THINKING about it).

Silas was given the raw deal -- but no more than Flip Saunders so it looks like stupidity is alive and rampant in the NBA!
I am so sick of the front office of teams wanting to light a fire under a teams rear end so they fire the coach when its rarely their fault.   Look at the trivia Reality posted last week.  Teams dont fire coaches mid-season and go on to bigger and better things.

The Cavs are still a young team being led by a guy who just got into the league.  Why not let them take their lickings as one unit and then build on that the following year?  Thats how you make yourself into a better team.  Its this instant gradification that is killing the NBA slowly.  Everyone has to be a good playoff team overnight.  Inexpierence, injuries, personal changes......stuff like that doestn matter apparently and is never factored in before a decision is made.