Author Topic: NCAA  (Read 992 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
NCAA
« on: March 27, 2005, 12:04:14 PM »
They were not boring finishes.

Illinois down 8 with 1:02 and tied 20 seconds later was a choke job by Arizona.
I'm sorry.  Props and more props to ILL, but AZs failure to take care of the ball was  :huh:   I was pulling for ILL.

Louiville I think just had way more athleticism the WVirginia.  I don't know what that Pottsticker center will do in the NBA but he looked good yesterday.  Up 20 and losing tho....wow.

Great finishes to watch.

dbodner-lazy

NCAA
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 12:33:28 PM »
'Nova got screwed bigtime.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
NCAA
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 01:12:05 PM »
'Nova got screwed bigtime.
You mean that travel call to negate the 2+1 play?
I didn't see a travel.  They ran the replay thru too fast.
Altho Billy Packer says it was the right call.  :rolleyes:  

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
NCAA
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 09:22:07 PM »
Gee, Billy Packer, that's an unbiased opinion.

There was no travel.  He took off on his left foot, which was his second foot down.  It just looked awkward because he came to a running stop and jumped off one foot.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
NCAA
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 09:40:51 AM »
Gee, Billy Packer, that's an unbiased opinion.

There was no travel.  He took off on his left foot, which was his second foot down.  It just looked awkward because he came to a running stop and jumped off one foot.
Not only that but Packer didn't get hyped on the play at all.  Dead silence for about 4 seconds then he just deadpans "It was the right call".

Wonder how the *high* level commentators really are/were selected.

Oh now we know.  Watch ESPN with Steven Smith and co *mentoring* how to be a real big time announcer.  I click that off as fast the remote will work.

The play that killed me tho was after Nova fought back to 67-66 on Kyle Lowrys 3 pter with 3 seconds left .  On the inbounds play the Nova player got his hand on the pass.  Almost swiped it, in fact he had it but in his excitement he tried to corall it too fast, ended up tipping it back out of bounds.   Numb nuts Packer and CBS don't even comment on it or replay it.

jn

NCAA
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 10:06:15 AM »
There are two players in this tournament who flat out scare me in regard to how much they resemble one current and one former NBA player.

Sean May of North Carolina is Elton Brand.  It's not just that he has a solid workmanlike game, May moves exactly like him and has exactly the same long arms and powerful hands.

Julius Hodge is channeling the spirit of the late Malik Sealy.  

Great tourney this year.  Even with early entry into the NBA dropping the talent level compared to past years this year's tourney has been a joy to watch.  

jn

NCAA
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 11:18:29 AM »
Also, regarding Packer, Vitale and their ACC fetish it's really great for a Big 10 fan such as myself to have these guys yapping about how the Big 10 is down only to have Illinois and Mich St. hit the final four.