Author Topic: I know that Houston needed a back-up PG . . .  (Read 830 times)

Guest_Randy

I know that Houston needed a back-up PG . . .
« on: February 24, 2005, 05:25:40 PM »
mainly because Rod Strickland is DONE!!!  He is toast guys, burnt and needs to be scraped from the floor -- but how many PG's do you need?  In one day, you add two more PG's to your roster -- Mike James and Moochie Norris (umm, didn't you guys just TRADE this guy?).  Seems like a lot of retreads going on today!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 09:53:13 AM »
Rockets signed Strickland as an emergency because all of their other pgs were injured.  Problem with the Rockets is that they were running Sura as their only healthy pg and then he went down.  And the team didn't give up anyone to get two pgs....good move by the Rockets IMO.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 10:00:40 AM »
Rockets signed Strickland as an emergency because all of their other pgs were injured.  Problem with the Rockets is that they were running Sura as their only healthy pg and then he went down.  And the team didn't give up anyone to get two pgs....good move by the Rockets IMO.
Hmm, now Maurice Taylor isn't "anyone?"

I don't think Houston needed Taylor (dumping Taylor is always a smart move in my book) but I also don't think they need Norris, James and Sura.  I'd keep Norris moving, if I were Houston (of course, they will have to wait until he is tradeable again).  Sura is the PG that Houston needs -- James is a great back-up, Rod Strickland qualifies for AARP membership.