Author Topic: Spurs highlights  (Read 752 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs highlights
« on: February 24, 2005, 10:19:24 AM »
Spurseses,

Did you see the

1.  Tony Parker breakaway slam with 3 minutes left?

2.  Tim Dunker 3 pointer at the end.

WooHoo!

This game was way closer then the final score indicates.  79-76 early 4th.
Good to see Malik get minutes.  I love him in tight games.
Refs were hosing GNob and Parker in the 1st half.  Glad to see them let them play in the 2nd half.

Guest_Randy

Spurs highlights
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 10:30:20 AM »
Actually, GNob likes to play defense with his hands -- and this IS one thing the refs have been quite particular about -- not hand checking on the perimeter (inside you can slap a guy silly but outside you can't touch the guy).  This is one of the reasons Phoenix is doing so well -- and it's also the reason why Parker is faring so well after a really slow start.  He has started to learn that the handchecking is being called and so rather than trying to move around outside, he is simply going hard to the basket -- and the handchecking is either being called or he gets to put up one of his circus shots or passes the ball.  As long as the refs are going to be this particular about handchecking -- quick guards who can create their own shot (AI, Kobe, Nash, etc.) are going to have a hayday on the free throw line.  

I was pretty disgusted with TMac last night though -- they guy simply allowed himself to be contained by Brown -- rather than look to drive -- he allowed Brown to contain him and keep him away from the ball.  We all KNOW Brown can't contain TMac -- TMac has shown us that already this season.  However, this is my knock on TMac -- there are some games (just like his co-star Yao Ming) in which he doesn't push matters -- he doesn't press and make his presence known, he simply sits back and shoots wild jumpers rather than beating his man off the dribble if it gets difficult.  It seems you have to do something to TMac to get his competive juices flowing -- and that is what keeps him from being a superstar, IMO.  Same with Yao Ming!

rickortreat

Spurs highlights
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 10:41:27 AM »
I thought the Rockets got hosed in that game by the refs.  Everytime Houston has the ball they were fouled, but the refs swallowed their whistle.  Everytime SA had the ball, if there was a screw-up they called a foul on the Rockets.

Even though the Spurs would probably have won anyway, as the Rockets had no one who could bring the ball up against the Kings pressure, except for T-Mac, the refs let the Spurs get physical.  It's not the team who can beat up the other team who should win!  

And even after the game was decided, the Spurs continued to get the calls while the Rockets did not.  Effin' refs suck!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs highlights
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 10:47:20 AM »
:moon:  :rofl:  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Guest_Randy

Spurs highlights
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 11:28:29 AM »
I thought the Rockets got hosed in that game by the refs.  Everytime Houston has the ball they were fouled, but the refs swallowed their whistle.  Everytime SA had the ball, if there was a screw-up they called a foul on the Rockets.

Even though the Spurs would probably have won anyway, as the Rockets had no one who could bring the ball up against the Kings pressure, except for T-Mac, the refs let the Spurs get physical.  It's not the team who can beat up the other team who should win!  

And even after the game was decided, the Spurs continued to get the calls while the Rockets did not.  Effin' refs suck!
Rick, I wouldn't agree with your assessment -- hey, the refs called several fouls on Tim Duncan (they hook was a good try, TD) -- what's up with that?   :rofl:

You are right about the ball pressure.  It was obvious the Rockets missed Bobby Sura (their only legit PG) and Jim Jackson (stupid, stupid trade).  Sura would have made a HUGE difference in this ballgame!  The Spursies better hope that they don't have to meet the Rockets in the first round (or that Sura is hurt) because this team presents match-up problems for them.