Author Topic: Kobe vs MJ revisited  (Read 1220 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Kobe vs MJ revisited
« on: February 04, 2005, 12:07:45 PM »
Hmmmm....wonder who will be the first to go Micheal Jackson on somebody!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3375730

Lawsuit against Michael Jordan reinstated
Story Tools:    Print     Email    
Associated Press
Posted: 15 minutes ago    

An appellate court ruled Thursday that a woman who accused Michael Jordan of reneging on a promise to pay her $5 million to keep quiet about an affair presented sufficient facts to pursue her case in court.

The ruling by the Illinois Court of Appeals said Karla Knafel's breach of contract lawsuit should be reinstated along with a lawsuit filed by Jordan accusing her of extortion. In 2003, Cook County Judge Richard A. Siebel threw out both lawsuits.
Jordan's lawyer, Frederick J. Sperling, said he would ask the Illinois Supreme Court to hear the case.

"We expect Michael Jordan's position to be fully vindicated," he said.

Knafel's attorney, Nicholas Pavich, said his client views the decision as "vindication by the appellate court."

According to her lawsuit, Knafel claims she became pregnant in 1991 after she and Jordan had unprotected sex. Knafel initially believed the baby was Jordan's and that when she told him, the former NBA star told her he would pay her the money, the lawsuit contends.

Jordan denied agreeing to pay the $5 million. In court documents, he contended that Knafel agreed to a $250,000 payment after paternity tests showed the child was not his.

The relationship became public in 2002 when Jordan filed an extortion lawsuit against Knafel, who responded with the lawsuit claiming Jordan broke his promise to pay her $5 million.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

rickortreat

Kobe vs MJ revisited
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 04:11:52 PM »
Let me get this straight:  MJ had sex with this women who subsequently had a child that wasn't his.  She says he promised to pay her 5 mil to shut up.  He paid her $250,000 anyway after the slut had a child by someone else, and now she still wants the 5 mil even thought MJ is divorced.

She is an ignorant money-grubbing slut trying to extort a lot of money for a couple opf nights of sex.  I wonder what the appelate court was thinking to reinstate this.  MJ should win the extortion case hands down.

It's a far cry from a charge of rape, although it seems that girl was also a slut and a whacko.

Both players were cost a huge amount of money and endorement deals all because they  had sex out of wedlock.  I wonder how many NBA players are deterred by the negative publicity out of this.

I think the women should be charged with prostitution.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe vs MJ revisited
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 04:16:13 PM »
So because the young girl cried rape but then decided to pull out of the legal case to start a civil one this isnt a similar situation?

MJ hardly got a dent in his rep when he was found cheating on his wife.  When the media loves you, you get a pass.   There is only one thing this country likes more than building up a mega-star.......its bringing them down.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 04:17:33 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Kobe vs MJ revisited
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 04:26:12 PM »
So because the young girl cried rape but then decided to pull out of the legal case to start a civil one this isnt a similar situation?

MJ hardly got a dent in his rep when he was found cheating on his wife.  When the media loves you, you get a pass.   There is only one thing this country likes more than building up a mega-star.......its bringing them down.
Exactly.

IMO these women became vindictive when it was clear to them they were just a romp in the hay for these mega stars.

It's your baby but not your DNA, give me 5 million.

I have semen from three different men floating around in me, but I was raped by the guy with millions and I want money.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 04:26:51 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Kobe vs MJ revisited
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 04:27:55 PM »
I wonder how many NBA players are deterred by the negative publicity out of this.

Hopefully it will have some effect, because obviously being faithful to one you proclaim to love isn't deterring them.

rickortreat

Kobe vs MJ revisited
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 04:37:55 PM »
Not to defend these guys, but the women look at them as being desireable, even though the players ARE married.

The women are looking for a lot of money, which is tantamount to prostitution.  What are they doing with these guys in the first place?  It isn't love, it's simple lust for the man, and a financial opportunity for the woman.  

The men are tempted, because as every human male, they're wired to want sex.  Having a woman throw herself at you is a pretty big ego thrill.  Too bad they can't see the women for what they are, loosers without morals and dollar signs in their eyes.    

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Kobe vs MJ revisited
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 05:25:30 PM »
Rick, I'm not saying what these women do are right.  I have no sorrow or remorse for women who sleep with men that they know are married.  They're trash.

But I will never make excuses for men who cheat on their spouses, either.  It's never right or acceptable.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe vs MJ revisited
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 05:42:43 PM »
Rick, I'm not saying what these women do are right.  I have no sorrow or remorse for women who sleep with men that they know are married.  They're trash.

But I will never make excuses for men who cheat on their spouses, either.  It's never right or acceptable.
It isnt ok for the men.  They put themselves in that situation by thinking with their wang.  They do deserve to have things said about them and they do deserve to have their wives nail them for money (divorce or having the man buy their parents a house  :D )

Only problem I have is that all these women are looked upon as victims.  While Kobe's accuser COULD have been a victim (although after everything I personally doubt it) this woman MJ fooled around with was not being taken advantage of.  Yet people are like 'aww MJ should give her, her money' :rolleyes:  Him lying about giving her 5 million is no different than her lying about it being his baby.  Funny how only guys with money are held accountable for lying to get into the sack with a woman lol.

Kobe's dad knew what was up, he was a ball player.  He didnt want Kobe to get married  knowing that women would be all over him when they are out of town was one of the reasons.  You wanna hump around? Dont get married, its easy.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 05:44:20 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

rickortreat

Kobe vs MJ revisited
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 07:24:25 PM »
I agree that marriage is a commitment to be honored.  It's a sign of matuirty and discipline, as well as respect for the person you love.  But, most people are not capable of observing this rule.

Having a single partner is a human concept and not a natural one.  Although some species are single couple situations, many including primates are not.

Chimpanzees in particular are known to have sex with multiple partners on a continuous basis.

In order for a man to spread his genes onto future generations, the more women he has sex with the better.  This one woman one man thing is pretty much an Anglo-Saxon tradition, and it's root is in societal stability.  If a man has to worry about his wife fooling around, he's not going to want to leave home and go to work.  He sure doesn't want to work to raise a child that isn't his!

But if you look at our history many men of power have had multiple partners, and some of them had them at the same time.  Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe.  Regan, had multiple wives and I know for a fact that he messed around alot while he was an actor in Hollywood.  And of course,  Bill Clinton.  The reality is that sex is something all people are hard-wired to want.  It has to be that way, or there would be no future generations.  

With over 50% of marriages ending in divorce the truth is most people are too immature or out of control to avoid the temptations of having sex outside of marriage.