Author Topic: Arroyo Traded to Detroit  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Arroyo Traded to Detroit
« on: January 21, 2005, 02:25:44 PM »
Elden Campbell apparently to be released.  So it was essentially Arroyo for a late 1st?

Nice trade for Detroit, they've got a heckuva bench.  Arroyo must have really fallen far.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Arroyo Traded to Detroit
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 03:49:34 PM »
Great trade by Detroit.

Another team makes a move for a player that could really benefit the Lakers ... this is becoming very frustrating to say the least.  Sometimes I wonder if Mitch Kupchak is even aware there are a lot of players out there and teams willing to wheel and deal.  Of course, he'd probably just trade for more small forwards b/c we clearly don't have enough of those on the roster.  

On that note, if they waive Seldom Campbell the Lakers should try to pick him up.  Lamar is always in need of a bong-toking, Playstation 2 partner.  

Rickortreat

Arroyo Traded to Detroit
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 04:08:31 PM »
Always thought Campbell was an underachiever.  Even so, I think a team like the Sixers could use him for his size.  Whaddya think Dabods?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Arroyo Traded to Detroit
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 04:13:57 PM »
Well, we obviously can't pick him up from waivers (you have to have the cap room to do that).

So then he becomes a free agent and gets his choice of where to go.  My guess is he's going back to detroit.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Arroyo Traded to Detroit
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 04:28:09 PM »
Word out of the Jazz is that Carlos went as far as refusing to come into to receive treatment while injured, and that recently he has been refusing to partake in certain drills in practice. Couple that with being unwilling to talk to or listen to Jerry Sloan and Gordy Chiesa (x's and o'x guy), and Carlos fell fast.

Funny thing is. Most fans I've talked to are glad to see him go. We just don't put up with belligerent millionaires here.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton