Author Topic: Why Golden State sucks  (Read 1476 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Why Golden State sucks
« on: December 21, 2004, 02:28:08 PM »
The most improved team in the East has been the Wizards.  Who are the 3 best players on the Wizards?  Gilbert Arenas, Larry Hughes, and Antwan Jamison.  What do they all have in common?  They all played together in Golden State!!  

Who did Golden State get for these 3 players?  
Arenas was a FA so they got nobody.
Jamison was traded for NVE who was traded for Dale Davis
Larry Hughes  ???

They let Eric Dampier, who isn't a great NBA player, walk at the end of the season, and re-signed Adonal Foyle, who is a bad NBA player, to a $40,000,000 contract.

Just think where this team would be right now if they had kept the 3 Wizards, with Dunleavy at SF and Dampier at center.  They would be a legit playoff team in the west.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
Why Golden State sucks
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 02:41:31 PM »
Lets now look at the Chicago Bulls.

Right now they could have a lineup of

C  -  Brad Miller
PF  -  Elton Brand
SF  -  Ron Artest
SG  -  Jamal Crawford
PG  -  Kurt Hinrich

I would dare say the Bulls would be one of the favorites in the east with lineup.  I wonder if Jerry Krause believes if he devastated a franchise, or if the "organization" devestated the franchise?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Guest_Randy

Why Golden State sucks
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 03:06:04 PM »
I read an article in which Mullins was noted as saying that one of the reasons they got rid of Jamison was to make Dunleavy a more focal point of the offense.  Umm, duh, excuse me, what?  Dunleavy can't play defense and he isn't a great offensive weapon -- at least not from what I've seen.  Jamison can give you scoring as well as rebounding and while he isn't a great defensive player, he is certainly better than Dunleavy!  

Mullins is KILLING the Warriors!  Of course, I noticed you left Boston off your list as well -- they too have made some incredibly stupid trades!

So far, it appears that Mullins and Ainge don't understand talent at all or the skills needed to be an NBA GM.  We ALL know why Chicago is making it's stupid decisions -- because their owner wants to pad his wallet -- not his trophy case!

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Why Golden State sucks
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 03:27:36 PM »
Let's be honest, now...

Washington, with Arenas, Hughes, and Jamison was NOT going to be a power in the West.  Golden State did everything they could to keep Arenas.  Hughes left via free agency when Golden State had to choose between keeping him or Jason Richardson.  At the time, everyone thought Hughes was a point guard.

The Jamison trade was a stupid trade by Golden State, and they deserve whatever abuse they take on that one.

Golden State looked *okay* with Arenas and Jamison and Dampier, but they had a serious problem with not playing any defense.  They weren't improving - score 98, but give up 101.  For Golden State to move into competition in the West, they needed to make a change.  I'm not buying the idea that Golden State would be good if they had kept all these players.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

jn

Why Golden State sucks
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 03:48:43 PM »
When it comes to Chicago lets not forget Trenton Hassell and Fred Hoiberg, whom the Bulls made no effort to keep.  They aren't stars, (though Hassell is a star caliber defender) but it's amazing to think they can get good minutes with a contender and couldn't get it with a bottom feeder.

As for GS they're coaching decision baflled me too.  Mike Montgomery was a tremendous college coach who got the most out of guys like Brevin Knight, Mad Dogg and the Collins twins but that isn't going to translate into a turnaround for the NBA.  

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
Why Golden State sucks
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 03:49:54 PM »
Let's be honest, now...

Washington, with Arenas, Hughes, and Jamison was NOT going to be a power in the West.  Golden State did everything they could to keep Arenas.  Hughes left via free agency when Golden State had to choose between keeping him or Jason Richardson.  At the time, everyone thought Hughes was a point guard.

The Jamison trade was a stupid trade by Golden State, and they deserve whatever abuse they take on that one.

Golden State looked *okay* with Arenas and Jamison and Dampier, but they had a serious problem with not playing any defense.  They weren't improving - score 98, but give up 101.  For Golden State to move into competition in the West, they needed to make a change.  I'm not buying the idea that Golden State would be good if they had kept all these players.
Fair enough Joe "What If's" are pure speculation.  At the same time Warriors are a *BAD* team right now.  If they had the players I mentioned above as well as JRich, they would be competitive with the Nuggets, Blazers, Lakers, Jazz, etc.  The would clearly be in the mix for a playoff spot.

Also, I wouldn't blame all of these problems on Mullin.  Gary St Jean was the true architect of this mess.

AA Mil