Author Topic: What happened to the "white bread" thread?  (Read 981 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
What happened to the "white bread" thread?
« on: January 03, 2005, 09:53:57 AM »
The Clips are in a different catagory.  There problems stem from their owner and GM, not from the coach.  They are short on talent because of stupid moves driven by cheapness.  The let Odom walk for nothing.  Injury prone, pot head and disgruntled I let that one slide.  A. Miller didn't seem to fit in with the Clips so they let him walk for nothing and now the Clips biggest weakness is the PG.  Then last year the Clips let Q walk away for nothing and pick up Kittles.  Now the Clips second biggest weakness is bench production most glarringly scoring, which Q exceled at and he was a huge fan favorite.

The Clips still have a solid nucleus with Brand and Magette.  They've added some promising talent in Kaman and Livingston who will fill some big needs for the Clips if they both pan out.  Still, the Clips will not be able to complete until they spend some money and get some bench help but unfortunately that will not happen.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 10:07:35 AM »
The "white bread" thread was deleted, for 2 reasons.

1) If you're going to make a thread, make it in english.  
2) Debate the coaches, fine.  We're not going to make it a racial topic.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 10:51:55 AM »
The Clips are in a different catagory.  There problems stem from their owner and GM, not from the coach.  They are short on talent because of stupid moves driven by cheapness.  The let Odom walk for nothing.  Injury prone, pot head and disgruntled I let that one slide.  A. Miller didn't seem to fit in with the Clips so they let him walk for nothing and now the Clips biggest weakness is the PG.  Then last year the Clips let Q walk away for nothing and pick up Kittles.  Now the Clips second biggest weakness is bench production most glarringly scoring, which Q exceled at and he was a huge fan favorite.

The Clips still have a solid nucleus with Brand and Magette.  They've added some promising talent in Kaman and Livingston who will fill some big needs for the Clips if they both pan out.  Still, the Clips will not be able to complete until they spend some money and get some bench help but unfortunately that will not happen.
I will say you wanted to re sign Q.  I thought he along with Nash got overpaid but who's to argue with Qs perfomance and the Suns record.

Livingston should indeed help when back.  I still don't like Dunleavys style tho....

>  2) Debate the coaches, fine. We're not going to make it a racial topic.

NBA is 80% black players and 80% white coaches yet talking about it is "racial"?
The hiring practice is indeed racial.  

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 11:37:14 AM »
Do you want this deleted as well?

NBA is 80% black players and 80% white coaches yet talking about it is "racial"?

Including "white" in as the reason someone was a bad hire will get deleted every time.  Just like if I was running an NFL board and someone said a guy couldn't quarterback because he was black, it'd be deleted as well.

jn

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 11:41:28 AM »
Actually reality, the NBA is the one league where a black retread can find work.  If you were arguing about the NFL or MLB I would be with you but the NBA is the league where Bernie Bickerstaff, Ducks Chaney, Sid Lowe and Alvin Gentry can get a second or third chance after washing out.