Author Topic: Derek, about...  (Read 845 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Derek, about...
« on: December 20, 2004, 02:31:05 PM »
He was dropped in my other fantasy league.  What do you think?  Will he continue to get minutes?  Is he progressing?  He was playing SG, but it looks like he is playing more SF recently?  Is that a long term trend, or will he end up with more SG minutes?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Derek, about...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 02:39:03 PM »
Will he continue to get minutes?

Yes.  He's the second best player on our team, and O'brien loves him.

Is he progressing?

Yes, most definitely.  He's still not a finished product offensively, but he's become more aggressive, which is a start.  His passing and defense are simply surreal though.  He's probably the best at both on our team (although he doesn't pile up the assists to back up that claim, mainly because our bigs don't finish his feeds).

He was playing SG, but it looks like he is playing more SF recently? Is that a long term trend, or will he end up with more SG minutes?

What will really determine where he plays is who they want to play next to him.  They started the season wanting Willie Green to start.  Then Willie played bad, Kyle Korver was lights out, so they started Kyle.  Then Kyle couldn't hit a shot, Willie played good again, and O'brien switched.

What will determine where Andre plays is who finally claims the other starting spot.  They're just trying to find a guy to fit around Iverson and Iguodala, those are the only two to start every game for us.  Whether that player who steps up is a 2 or a 3 will determine where Iguodala finally plays.

If I were you, I'd hope he eventually plays the 3.  He was getting around 7-9 boards/game when he was playing SF earlier in the year, and that fell to about 4 at the 2-guard spot.  If he plays at the 3 I'd say he should be good for a good 10 pts, 6 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 3ptm or so.  Getting better as the season progresses, obviously.