Author Topic: Lakers deal Kareem Rush for 2 chicken soft tacos  (Read 828 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Lakers deal Kareem Rush for 2 chicken soft tacos
« on: December 06, 2004, 07:03:38 PM »
Not really two soft tacos but might as well be.  Lakers sent Kareem Rush to the Bobcats for two future SECOND round picks.  One the Bobcats recieved from Atlanta in the off season and the Bobcats own first second round choice in 2008.

Alot of us knew this was comming out in LA LA land.  There is a log jam at the 2/3 spot right now.  Once Divac is healthy, Grant is back, and *IF* Malone returns (so far so good according to rumors) then Odom will slide down to the 3 along with Butler, George, and I would imagine Slava since he is unable to guard ANY PF in this league.  Butler/George would also be picking up more minutes between them to back up Kobe at the 2 and maybe Tierre Brown if they wanted to go small with him and Chucky in the back court.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 07:05:24 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

Lakers deal Kareem Rush for 2 chicken soft tacos
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 09:27:13 AM »
I'm glad to see this for Kareem's sake -- he was never going to develop behind Kobe at SG and he really doesn't have the size to play SF at this point.  He should get quite a bit of playing time at Charlotte, although I'm not sure he's ready to start in the NBA right now.  However, Kareem has never had a confidence problem -- he is a streaky player but a very good slasher and finisher around the rim.  It's a shame he didn't get much playing time in LA but when you have Kobe, it just doesn't make sense to sit him on the bench so that Rush can get some more minutes.  

I REALLY thought we could have gotten more for Rush than two second round draft picks but the SG position is probably the deepest position in the league right now.