Author Topic: Yankees-Red Sox Game 5 Thread  (Read 1045 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yankees-Red Sox Game 5 Thread
« on: October 18, 2004, 03:58:33 PM »
I am going to predict that Pedro brings his A Game today, and the series goes back to NY.  If Schilling can go in game 6 this baby is going 7.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 04:31:26 PM by dbodner »
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 04:30:20 PM »
Red Sox strike first!

unfortunately they started this earlier and I'm still at work.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 10:07:54 PM »
WHOOO HOOOOO

David Ortiz comes through again.  Sweet especially after he stole second and was called out.  Lets hear it for Tim Wakefield.  After giving up the winner to Boone last year it is so sweet for him to go long and get the win.  I thought Varitek was going to give it away, but he held on when it counted.

Schilling going in game 6, I still believe this baby is going 7.

After watching these last 2 games, how can anybody say baseball is boring.  The game on the line over and over and pitchers and hitters just battle and battle.  Ortiz battles Loaiza for a 10 pitch at bat, fouling off 5 pitches.  that is flat out awesome.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil