Author Topic: And the Survivor Football Champ is.........  (Read 1104 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
And the Survivor Football Champ is.........
« on: October 03, 2004, 10:25:59 PM »
DABODS!!!  Congrats Derek.  Packers did me in and my son as well.  What a bunch of losers.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 09:51:01 AM »
Phew, that was close.

I had 4 games I was considering this week.

Packers over NYG.
New Orleans over Arizona.
Jets over Miami.
Tennessee over San Diego.
Stl. over San Fran.

As you can see, 3 of those picks would have made me lose as well.  Luckily, I picked the right one.

Once you knew McNair wasn't going to play, that eliminated the Ten/San Diego game.  Arizon gave me enough of a scare last week to make me not pick them again, and their defense is solid.  

Ultimately, it came down to opponents.  I thought the Packers *should* win.  But the Giants have actually been playing somewhat solid ball since the first week.  So what it came down to is while I thought the packers should win, I thought the Dolphins and Niners had practically zero shot of pulling out a victory.

I more picked losers this week than I picked winners.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 11:57:05 AM »
Phew, that was close.

I had 4 games I was considering this week.

Packers over NYG.
New Orleans over Arizona.
Jets over Miami.
Tennessee over San Diego.
Stl. over San Fran.

As you can see, 3 of those picks would have made me lose as well.  Luckily, I picked the right one.

Once you knew McNair wasn't going to play, that eliminated the Ten/San Diego game.  Arizon gave me enough of a scare last week to make me not pick them again, and their defense is solid.  

Ultimately, it came down to opponents.  I thought the Packers *should* win.  But the Giants have actually been playing somewhat solid ball since the first week.  So what it came down to is while I thought the packers should win, I thought the Dolphins and Niners had practically zero shot of pulling out a victory.

I more picked losers this week than I picked winners.
and very smart you were.  My son and I both made the same mistake, trying to pick a winner, instead of a loser.  You can only pick a team to win once, but you can pick a team to lose as many times as you want.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil