Author Topic: Full Kobe Interview Transcript  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Full Kobe Interview Transcript
« on: September 17, 2004, 10:32:30 AM »
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 10:32:40 AM by dbodner »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 11:32:20 AM »
Just got to read half or so before I got a call but this doesn't sound as bad as I thought it would.  Maybe it gets worse as it goes on?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 11:49:49 AM »
My two favorite parts:

"Bryant: Two years. My wife and daughter, them mean everything man, everything man, up an until now (inaudible).

Detective Loya: Well, did you think about that before what you were doing though? It’s a chance you take when you play.

Bryant: It was consensual, there was nothing weird you know what I mean."

So I guess it would have been playing only if he had raped her? "Damn man, it wasn't cheatin', it was consensual!"

"Detective Loya: I’m sorry what’s your middle name?

Bryant: B-E-A-N."

BWWAAAHHAAAHAHAAAAA!

In all seriousness, Kobe does not come out of this looking good. His story is so jumbled and he's so flustered, it's hard to tell whether he's guilty or just a complete mental midget. This transcript doesn't establish his guilt, but it just destroys his image with a lot of people. This release is damaging, but the release of the statement in which he mentions another player's name will be worse.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 11:50:54 AM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 12:07:08 PM »
My two favorite parts:

"Bryant: Two years. My wife and daughter, them mean everything man, everything man, up an until now (inaudible).

Detective Loya: Well, did you think about that before what you were doing though? It’s a chance you take when you play.

Bryant: It was consensual, there was nothing weird you know what I mean."

So I guess it would have been playing only if he had raped her? "Damn man, it wasn't cheatin', it was consensual!"

"Detective Loya: I’m sorry what’s your middle name?

Bryant: B-E-A-N."

BWWAAAHHAAAHAHAAAAA!

In all seriousness, Kobe does not come out of this looking good. His story is so jumbled and he's so flustered, it's hard to tell whether he's guilty or just a complete mental midget. This transcript doesn't establish his guilt, but it just destroys his image with a lot of people. This release is damaging, but the release of the statement in which he mentions another player's name will be worse.
Again tho most of this info has already been leaked to everyone so I don't know how worse it will damage his image.  To me it ddidnt seem that bad because I already heard about most of it.  The one thing that stands out to me (stop reading if you are easily offended) is the fact that she got on her knees and performed some "services" for him then went on to have sex says something.  You cannot really "force" someone to do that for you.

It reminds me alot of when young kids get busted by a teacher or parent and they lie straight out.  Then when they realize they know they've been caught then all the sudden they say what really happend but in a pissy way because they got busted.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 12:17:34 PM »
The one thing that stands out to me (stop reading if you are easily offended) is the fact that she got on her knees and performed some "services" for him then went on to have sex says something.  You cannot really "force" someone to do that for you.
According to Kobe at least. I haven't heard that part of Kobe's story before, and I've been following the case pretty closely. If that had ever been corroborated or even denied by the accuser, wouldn't that have been in a press story before now?

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 12:22:09 PM »
The one thing that stands out to me (stop reading if you are easily offended) is the fact that she got on her knees and performed some "services" for him then went on to have sex says something.  You cannot really "force" someone to do that for you.
According to Kobe at least. I haven't heard that part of Kobe's story before, and I've been following the case pretty closely. If that had ever been corroborated or even denied by the accuser, wouldn't that have been in a press story before now?
Ya of course, according to Kobe.  So who knows.  The accuser has not spoken, at least I haven't seen/read anything about her in the news.  The reason I think it hasn't been brought up is that it would be more he said/she said stuff to add on top of the dumpster-like pile of trash in this case.  I don't think the lawyers want her to have to answer a question like that.  I would also assume that her father would not want to have his daughter have to answer a question like that.

I really thought this transcript would be more damaging...didnt you?  Im not saying it makes him look innocent or guilty, just thought we would get more information.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 12:23:52 PM by westkoast »

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 12:40:41 PM »
Agreed.

IMO, the only information this transcript offers on Kobe's guilt or innocence is to be had by reading between the lines. He is fumbling all over the place in this interview. His story obviously wasn't completely formed before the interview began, and it wasn't exactly rock solid by the end.

It seems obvious to me though, that Kobe is not an experienced sexual predator (if he is one at all). Not noticing blood on your shirt, not using protection, not getting rid of evidence, not having a believable story for the cops—all this makes me believe this was probably Kobe's first questionable sexual encounter. Hell, the guy had probably never been told "No" before in his life.

He's going to be hearing a lot more of it.

Sprite: No thank you Mr. Bryant.

At least we know Nike will take him back.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 01:03:08 PM »
http://www.phillyarena.net/kobe-interview.doc

(from the Vail Daily)
I think they should make a movie about this whole thing....tim meadows should play the ladies man, who in turn would be the ladies man playing kobe bryant..... :D  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 01:10:04 PM »
Agreed.

IMO, the only information this transcript offers on Kobe's guilt or innocence is to be had by reading between the lines. He is fumbling all over the place in this interview. His story obviously wasn't completely formed before the interview began, and it wasn't exactly rock solid by the end.

It seems obvious to me though, that Kobe is not an experienced sexual predator (if he is one at all). Not noticing blood on your shirt, not using protection, not getting rid of evidence, not having a believable story for the cops—all this makes me believe this was probably Kobe's first questionable sexual encounter. Hell, the guy had probably never been told "No" before in his life.

He's going to be hearing a lot more of it.

Sprite: No thank you Mr. Bryant.

At least we know Nike will take him back.
Reebok too.  Apparently you can brandish guns and pistol whip relatives and still be on the team.

I agree about his story fumbling around but you do have to realize, innocent or guilty, knowing what could happen there was alot of emotions running around.  Image (sadly this was probably first), wife/daughter, his side of the family, his wife's side of the family, friends, peers, the media, his career, etc etc.  I think we all have had times where we've been accused of doing something and we get frustrated at the thought for whatever reason.  Whether we are mad we got busted or mad that someone would even say such a thing.