Author Topic: Hey ziggy, how's Santana treating you now?  (Read 943 times)

jn

Hey ziggy, how's Santana treating you now?
« on: September 03, 2004, 12:12:09 PM »
I seem to recall you posted a complaint about him to me here right before he suddenly turned into a monster.  You didn't trade him did you?

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 04:29:40 PM »
Johan Santana should be strung up and whipped.  He is a dirty rotten scum bag.

I have the Direct TV baseball package, so I decided to watch him pitch against the White Sox, and see if he was actually going to get it together.  He had totally sucked at the time, but I felt he had some of the best stuff in baseball, and was going to be a stud.  I went out of my way to get him, he was one guy I really wanted.  Well against the Sox he goes 3 scintilating innings, gives up 10 hits, 2 walks, 2 HRs, and 7 earned runs.  At that point his ERA was 5.60, K/BB of 2.82, BA against of .288, 1 HR every 5.5 innings, and W+H/IP of 1.52.  After having seen this game I had enough and I ditched the BUM.  I figured it had to be the fault of all you Minnesota lefties  :ding: .

I figured, considering how horrible he was doing, no one would pick him up, and I would watch and as soon as he got it going, I would pick him back up.  BOY WAS I WRONG.  He got snatched up on waivers, and after 2 more bad starts I thought for sure he would get dropped again.  NO WRONG AGAIN.  The same guy stuck with him, and then he became GOD-LIKE.

13-2
1.66 ERA
0.70 W+H/IP
.143 BA against (which is basically a 4 hitter, with 1.5 walks each and every 9 inning game he pitched)
152 K's, and only 24 BB = 6.33 K/BB
1 HR every 10 innings
11.50 K's/9 Innings

He has been without a doubt the best pitcher in baseball the last 3 months, and is on a streak amongst the most dominating ever in baseball history.  ALL OF THIS HAPPENED RIGHT AFTER I DITCHED THE SCUM BAG.  My only solace is that I knew he was going to be great, even though almost no one else did.  Of course I was stupid enough to drop him, so I have no one else to blame, not even you Minnesota lefties  :bash: .
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 04:30:07 PM by ziggy »
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 09:34:33 PM »
Johan Santana should be strung up and whipped.  He is a dirty rotten scum bag.

I have the Direct TV baseball package, so I decided to watch him pitch against the White Sox, and see if he was actually going to get it together.  He had totally sucked at the time, but I felt he had some of the best stuff in baseball, and was going to be a stud.  I went out of my way to get him, he was one guy I really wanted.  Well against the Sox he goes 3 scintilating innings, gives up 10 hits, 2 walks, 2 HRs, and 7 earned runs.  At that point his ERA was 5.60, K/BB of 2.82, BA against of .288, 1 HR every 5.5 innings, and W+H/IP of 1.52.  After having seen this game I had enough and I ditched the BUM.  I figured it had to be the fault of all you Minnesota lefties  :ding: .

I figured, considering how horrible he was doing, no one would pick him up, and I would watch and as soon as he got it going, I would pick him back up.  BOY WAS I WRONG.  He got snatched up on waivers, and after 2 more bad starts I thought for sure he would get dropped again.  NO WRONG AGAIN.  The same guy stuck with him, and then he became GOD-LIKE.

13-2
1.66 ERA
0.70 W+H/IP
.143 BA against (which is basically a 4 hitter, with 1.5 walks each and every 9 inning game he pitched)
1 HR every 10 innings
11.50 K's/9 Innings

He has been without a doubt the best pitcher in baseball the last 3 months, and is on a streak amongst the most dominating ever in baseball history.  ALL OF THIS HAPPENED RIGHT AFTER I DITCHED THE SCUM BAG.  My only solace is that I knew he was going to be great, even though almost no one else did.  Of course I was stupid enough to drop him, so I have no one else to blame, not even you Minnesota lefties  :bash: .
I guess I must now adjust his stats, after yet another TOTALLY DOMINATING performance tonight (7 innings, 1 hit, 1 walk, 11 k's).  RIGHT NOW HE IS THE BEST PITCHER IN BASEBALL, WITHOUT A DOUBT.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 12:26:07 AM »
Johan Santana should be strung up and whipped.  He is a dirty rotten scum bag.

I have the Direct TV baseball package, so I decided to watch him pitch against the White Sox, and see if he was actually going to get it together.  He had totally sucked at the time, but I felt he had some of the best stuff in baseball, and was going to be a stud.  I went out of my way to get him, he was one guy I really wanted.  Well against the Sox he goes 3 scintilating innings, gives up 10 hits, 2 walks, 2 HRs, and 7 earned runs.  At that point his ERA was 5.60, K/BB of 2.82, BA against of .288, 1 HR every 5.5 innings, and W+H/IP of 1.52.  After having seen this game I had enough and I ditched the BUM.  I figured it had to be the fault of all you Minnesota lefties  :ding: .

I figured, considering how horrible he was doing, no one would pick him up, and I would watch and as soon as he got it going, I would pick him back up.  BOY WAS I WRONG.  He got snatched up on waivers, and after 2 more bad starts I thought for sure he would get dropped again.  NO WRONG AGAIN.  The same guy stuck with him, and then he became GOD-LIKE.

13-2
1.66 ERA
0.70 W+H/IP
1 HR every 10 innings
11.50 K's/9 Innings

He has been without a doubt the best pitcher in baseball the last 3 months, and is on a streak amongst the most dominating ever in baseball history.  ALL OF THIS HAPPENED RIGHT AFTER I DITCHED THE SCUM BAG.  My only solace is that I knew he was going to be great, even though almost no one else did.  Of course I was stupid enough to drop him, so I have no one else to blame, not even you Minnesota lefties  :bash: .
I guess I must now adjust his stats, after yet another TOTALLY DOMINATING performance tonight (7 innings, 1 hit, 1 walk, 11 k's).  RIGHT NOW HE IS THE BEST PITCHER IN BASEBALL, WITHOUT A DOUBT.
Ahh let me update Mr. Santana after yet another GOD LIKE PERFORMANCE.  Yet another 7 innings, 5 hits, no walks, no runs, 11 k's, and win #17.  Last 18 games

15 wins 2 losses 1 no decision
1.49  ERA
0.68  W+H/IP
.165  BAA
11.61 k's/9 innings
6.9 k/bb
4.5 hits 1.5 walks every 9 innings

This guy is an incredible stud, AND I HATE HIS GUTS.

AA Mil