Author Topic: Luke Jackson  (Read 1186 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Luke Jackson
« on: June 24, 2004, 01:51:48 PM »
Many of you may not know much about him, but he is a local guy, and a Duck, so I have been following him.  It is interesting to see how quickly he is moving up the draft ladder.  After the season was over most people picked him going mid to late first round, something like 15 to 25.  Now the word is that Chicago at 7,and  Golden State at 11, or Utah at 14.
Not sure how many of you have seen him, but this guy has always impressed me.  Luke Ridnour and Freddie Jones were both a great deal more athletic, but I always thought Luke Jackson was the best of the 3.  In the NIT this year the Ducks were down late in the second half, and he went on a run where he scored 28 straight points, and 33 of the last 35.  That is almost mind boggling to me.  The Colorado coach said he knew what the Ducks were going to do every time down the court (Give it to Luke Jackson and let him do try and score), and no matter what they tried they couldn't stop him.  He said it was the most amazing single game performance he had ever seen.
I have heard that at a pre-draft camp is had the quickest lateral movement of any player at the camp, and had the best range on his jump shot.

Any opinions?
They are projecting him as a SG, though he is 6-7.  I am really hoping he lasts to 13, and Portland takes him.  He may not be able to defend SG, but I think Miles can, so he can play SG on offense, and SF on defense.  I personally think he would be a big hit in Portland.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Luke Jackson
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »
I read where Larry Bird compared him to Chris Mullin....solid player, few mistakes, good range on his shot.  I have seen him listed anywhere from #7 down to the high teens.  Cleveland (#10) seems to be interested in him also.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Luke Jackson
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 02:58:43 PM »
his athleticism (vertical leap, at least) is off the charts and compares with the better leapers of the draft.

I think a trade between Indy and chicago is almost done, where indy would get the 7 pick and chicago harrington.  Indy wants him at 7.

jn

Luke Jackson
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 02:59:18 PM »
I was somewhat impressed with him though I didn't see him play this year.  He looked like he could succeed in a team that moves the ball well (Sacto for instance) but I am a bit surprised to here him mentioned as a potential top 10 pick.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Luke Jackson
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 03:24:49 PM »
his athleticism (vertical leap, at least) is off the charts and compares with the better leapers of the draft.

I think a trade between Indy and chicago is almost done, where indy would get the 7 pick and chicago harrington.  Indy wants him at 7.
Yes Derek, I had heard something about his vertical leap as well.  Something like  32 inch and at 6-7 that should move into a different level.

I was hoping he would still be there at 13, but I think it is great that he may go as high as 7.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil