Author Topic: Mitch Kupcake playing hardball with Kobe.  (Read 1467 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Mitch Kupcake playing hardball with Kobe.
« on: June 17, 2004, 08:17:47 PM »
He stated the Lakers will not sign and trade Kobe.

Since no other team can offer Kobe 140Mil over 7 years Kupcake is trying to use a bigger fatter contract as leverage.

IMO that will backfire BIG TIME!

Clippers baby!  :crazy:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

rickortreat

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 12:20:12 PM »
Dumb dumb dumb.  OK, so they can't pay him that much NOW, but there are a lot of teams out there who would love to pick up Kobe without giving up a player, and who will manage to clear enough space to pay him more later.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 06:21:49 PM »

Since no other team can offer Kobe 140Mil over 7 years Kupcake is trying to use a bigger fatter contract as leverage.

Clippers baby!  :crazy:
Check out the colors on Kobe's new line of shoes comming out.....Clippers colors.

To me this isnt a bad move, not as bad as Mitch saying they are taking offers for Shaq.  Kobe's greed is going to keep him in LA.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 07:04:43 PM »

Clippers baby!  :crazy:
Check out the colors on Kobe's new line of shoes comming out.....Clippers colors.

To me this isnt a bad move, not as bad as Mitch saying they are taking offers for Shaq.  Kobe's greed is going to keep him in LA.
I heard on the radion that Shaq blasted the Lakers today.  Haven't heard his comments as of yet.

BIG TROUBLE!!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 12:34:54 PM »
Look - the situation is simple:

Jackson was gone.  He was sick of the Shaq/Kobe feud, and trying to get Bryant to listen to him and buy into the triangle.

Kobe is gone if Jackson doesn't go, he gets the max offer, and gets to name the new coach...who will install a new offense, and designate Kobe, not Shaq, as the team foundation.

Payton is staying, but only if Jackson goes.  After his showing in the playoffs, he's not going to get a better deal than the one he's got with the Lakers, and with Jackson gone, the triangle is gone.

Malone is hedging his bets.  By opting out, he can make more money, and is only going to play for a team that has a title shot.  If Houston wins the McGrady sweepstakes, the team could use a power forward to go along with Ming and McGrady.  And if the Lakers keep all the pieces they need, it's a great place for him to land.  In the meantime, Malone will talk the talk - "I'll only play for the Lakers."

Shaq's trade demand is because he sees Jackson leaving, and Kobe taking over the team.  Shaq likes the triangle, likes Phil Jackson, and detests Bryant.  Shaq likely lays the entire blame for the Finals loss on Bryant and his attitude.

Memphis is an interesting fit.  They could trade for Shaq by sending lots of folks.  Shaq loves West, and Hubie might not want to coach next year.  Jackson/Shaq to Memphis?  It's a possibility.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!